Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Olympic Weightlifting

Old 01-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #11
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Paton View Post
Those are good rates? I'm just asking because they seem a pricey to me. I wouldn't really know--I haven't paid for gym dues in 15 years (except for the $100 for a year of oly lifitng at LBH).

If those are good, I assume that a crossfit affiliate is much more?
To give you an idea when I was looking at gyms in Reston, VA They ranged from $50/ month to $100 per month, this was not including child care and stuff like that, nor was it including the sign up fees which were usually $100-$200, these were all globo gyms so not very conducive to any "real" training.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
Patrick Donnelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Paton View Post
Those are good rates? I'm just asking because they seem a pricey to me. I wouldn't really know--I haven't paid for gym dues in 15 years (except for the $100 for a year of oly lifitng at LBH).

If those are good, I assume that a crossfit affiliate is much more?
CF affiliates typically are around $150-200 per month for unlimited classes, and I've heard of them going as high as $240 with a 2-year commitment. Then there are a few that don't charge anything, but most of them are either overseas on military bases or are park workout groups that have newly affiliated and will only begin charging after they get a gym. Steve's Club is another free one, and is pretty damn unique.
Patrick Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #13
Ari Kestler

I was in rockville this past weekend and had a chance to work out at this place. It was awesome. The owner is nice and friendly...the rest of the people are also equally friendly. Definitely more of a powerlifting atmosphere but they have everything you would need if you were doing any type of CF workout...

Will definitely go back when I need to get a workout in at home.
Ari Kestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
Adam Gagliardi

Default Grand Opening

We are happy to announce our official grand opening next Saturday, March 21 from 8AM - 4PM. Come see what Supreme Sports Performance & Training (SSPT) is all about.

Saturdays are always a huge day for us. We usually have nearly a dozen folks that show up and put it on the line in an effort to improve.

Weather permitting, weíll have our garage door opened and some strongman demonstrations in the parking lot (including but not limited to farmerís walks, rolling thunder grip work, sled dragging, log presses, a yoke, and possibly more). Inside you'll see several of our own lifters training hard as they prepare for upcoming powerlifting competitions. Olympic weightlifting will be on display as well. In the afternoon, kettlebell guru and owner of CrossFit Koncepts, Mike Krivka, will be demonstrating and teaching some kettlebell moves. At 3:45PM, weíll have drawings for free one-month memberships, free coaching sessions, and free massage.

We invite you to stop by anytime between 8AM - 4PM. Say hello, sign up for the free drawings, watch some of the training, or even take in a workout of your own. Please feel free to spread the word. Bring your family, friends, coworkers, or anyone interested in becoming healthier and stronger. You donít want to miss out on this opportunity to see what Marylandís premier strength training facility is all about!

We look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

Today is always the perfect day to train.

Best of health,
Matt Gary
Suzanne "Sioux-z" Hartwig-Gary

PS - We are conveniently located just seconds from Rockville Pike at 12054 Parklawn Drive in Rockville, MD. For additional information on who we are, what we believe, and our facility in general, please visit our website at http://www.SupremeSportsPT.com or give us a call at 301-231-SSPT (7778).
Adam Gagliardi is offline   Reply With Quote