Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Old 04-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #11
Garrett Smith

Sounds like your GI system and large boluses of fat go together about as well as 105kg BW and gymnastics will...har har.
Garrett Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #12
Patrick Donnelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Smith View Post
Sounds like your GI system and large boluses of fat go together about as well as 105kg BW and gymnastics will...har har.
Meh. I'm already the third biggest guy on the troupe. Another 25lbs, as long as it isn't blubber, isn't going to hurt me any. If anything, it'll help to even out my proportions. It's more my height that kills me rather than my weight, anyway.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
Blair Lowe

I think it must be lubricant for my digestive tract. Very common with fried foods when I eat them.

Carne Asada or Carnitas ( usually with guacamole ). Fried chicken doesn't do it. Guacamole is good. I think maybe sometimes it means I lack fat in my diet or maybe it's too much. Dunno. We call it human Dran-O sometimes.

Quote:
"boluses?"
Blair Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #14
Patrick Donnelly

bolus (n)
- Pharmacology, Veterinary Medicine. a round mass of medicinal material, larger than an ordinary pill. Abbreviation: bol.
- a soft, roundish mass or lump, esp. of chewed food.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/boluses?r=75

If you use Firefox, you can actually add Dictionary.com to the upper-right search box, simply by going to the website, hitting the search drop down list, and selecting "Add dictionary.com" from the end of it. Very convenient.

---

While I realize that fat has a tendency to lubricate the GI tract, I'd still recommend seeing a doctor if you find yourself dropping dinner in the john within an hour of eating it. That's extreme and unusual.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #15
Garrett Smith

Blair,
The fats that are causing your rapid movements are acting more like a laxative than a lubricant. Your body is either unable to handle the amount of fat and/or the type of fat all at once, so it dumps it to avoid having the fats go even more rancid while in the body.

Google "fat intolerance" for some more info. The ways to stop this are to not eat the offending foods or take some ox bile and/or lipase enzymes with those meals.
Garrett Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #16
Blair Lowe

thanks, Dr. G. I'm not so sure it's actually what I just ate that's being evacuated but I will

Yeah, by lubricant I meant laxative. Sometimes, I'm not sure I eat enough veggies but I will watch for this from now on, hopefully.

I've noticed the same with Round Table pizza sometimes. I figured it was all the meat ( Meat marvel ). Occasionally I partake when my roomie orders some. I try to stay away from pizza from the most part nowadays ( so I don't become carb drunk ).
Blair Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote