Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 08-08-2009, 02:01 AM   #21
Gavin Harrison

Alright, the title of my log is going to be a little misleading now... but it's time to try out another training philosophy!

Since starting training consistently this time around, I've done 3ish months of hyper-minimalist (Pavel's 80/20 Powerlifting), 3 months of simplified periodization (5/3/1).

Next up, traditional BB-ing methods. So, first up, 20 rep (breathing) squats and milk ("Super Squats"). Plan, twice a week 6-8 weeks +5 lbs every workout on the squat move weight up on others when reps are achieved. Eat.

Friday (8/7/09):
BP: 45x10, 95x5, 115x12,11
SQ: 45x5, 135x20 (started a little light on these, still tough)
Rows: 95x15x2

I liked 5/3/1, I'll probably come back to it some time, but I want to try out another philosophy of training for a few months, mostly old school BB-ing stuff, ala Super Squats, Dinosaur Training, Keys to Progress, Brawn, etc. My hope is this stuff will work for me for quite a while, and once I've gained a good bit of size and strength, to return to 5/3/1.
Gavin Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #22
Allen Yeh

Did you want to change the title? Let me know.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #23
Kevin Perry

sweet, i'll watch your progress, Im planning something similar myself after SS kind of Reg Parks ish
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #24
Gavin Harrison

Tuesday (8/11/09):
BP: 115x12(tweaked right hamstring), 9(tweaked left hamstring)
SQ: 140x20
Bent Rows: 2x15ish (brain dead)

Notes: Not going to go over 8 on bench anymore I think, in these full body programs. I tried a slightly more comfortable setup to save my lower back for squats (tight setup kills it.. on these long sets). Tweaking both hamstrings on two sets at reps 10-11 and 9 isn't fun. Rows, I had a hard time counting, because of being brain dead and sucking at rows anyway.. Stretched after BP to try to loosen up the hams before squats, and to wait for the rack to open up. They didn't bother me during squats, but still not right after. Oh well.

Allen, I want to, I just don't have any good ideas in my head right now.. maybe "My Strength Misadventures"..
Old 08-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #25
Allen Yeh

Done.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #26
Gavin Harrison

Thanks Allen.

Friday (8/14/09):
BP: 125x6x2
SQ: 145x20
Bent Rows: 115x15x2

Quick in and out, rows are getting better, upping the weight next time. Bench felt heavy, but did well, I think.