Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Paleo Diet

Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
Justin Arnold

I've been meaning to catch up on the podcasts for a while, I think I'll skip to the 6th since it directly addresses that. Thanks for the tip.

and yeah, 4k/day is a lot. I didn't mention that I'm doing GOMAD on top of that to try and gain some weight during my christmas break from fire school. (it's working)

Side note: It may be the sheer volume, but it's amazing how quickly I started to feel like crap in general once I started the milk.. inside of a week random joints started popping, acne, old climbing injuries acting up.. I'm very glad it's just temporary.
Justin Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
Blair Lowe

That is not a good sign.

Whole, right?

It sounds much more than just an issue of too much lactose, too soon.

If you can afford it, I'd look into other options. Eggs are pretty cheap for protein and fast but won't match them in carbohydrates and calories.

More food or some sort of mass building product. Yes, yes, I know. Then again most of those will have whey or milk protein in them which it doesn't sound like your body likes.
Blair Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #13
Justin Arnold

Yeah, Whole milk.

It's not unmanageable, I just noticed it very well after a few months of eating "clean". I'm also very confident that I can hit my goals and will recover fully post-gomad.

For the record, none of this is any worse than before I started strict paleo. That transition was just as alarming really.. to have acne clear up, persistent bicep tendon problems disappear, and start climbing so much stronger that 2 other people seeing the difference was enough to get them to eat paleo.. all over the course of about 3 weeks.

As to the cost of this, I'm starting on frozen vegetables, and getting more of my carbs from sweet potatoes instead of the fruit I was mostly eating before.

Oh, and I already average 4 eggs per day.
Justin Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #14
Michael Barnes

i live in northern ireland so things are more expensive for us ( 1.15 per LITRE {thats over $8 per gallon} for petrol)..luckily, i don't drink petrol, only because its not paleo, i just sniff it when i get bored!! anyhow, i eat 6-8 eggs per day, steak (sirloin/ ribeye), mince (pork/ beef/ lamb) chicken, fish (mackeral/ salmon/ trout) fruit veg nuts seeds and maybe 1/2 gallon of raw goats milk with a couple pints of choc milk PWO (i know that gear is not paleo but it is THE best muscle builder IME)...maybe 3500 cal p/d...girlfriend eats the same as me minus the milk @ approx 2500 cal p/d..costs us 130p/w..whats that, maybe $190-$200 p/w...

okbye
Michael Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote