Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Equipment

Old 04-29-2010, 03:59 AM   #31
Derek Simonds

Joe is right the MFG screwed up the initial order and they put those belts on sale for 50% off a couple of weeks ago.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #32
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post
has anyone who has ordered one of the leather belts from Elite gotten theirs yet? I'm still waiting, haven't even gotten a tracking number or anything, been trying to get in touch with them about it.
FWIW, I think that EliteFTS is about as terrible as it gets when it comes to customer service as it gets.

I work in a job that relies heavily on customer service/care, and at this point make a note if I receive quality service or if I get terrible service.

EliteFTS is awful. When I ordered my Econo Prowler through them, I never got a shipping confirmation, but did get a reply to check my spam folder (nothing in there). One line at the most. The only reason I posted that link for the belts was due to the solid deal they were offering.

On the flip side, a different kind of supply company, but Perform Better has been outstanding whenever I've ordered from them. I've got 3 sets of kettlebells that I saved for over a year or so, and each time they were great to deal with. Not the same type of equipment or field that EliteFTS caters to, but they're alright. They've got a few belts as well.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #33
Steve Shafley

I've never had anything but good service with EliteFTS.

I got my SSB bar from their warehouse to me in 18 hours.

Regarding belts.

1 prong or lever. 2 prongs are a major hassle.

Lighter belts work well to hold down a bench shirt, power belts? Not so well.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #34
Dave Van Skike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shafley View Post
I've never had anything but good service with EliteFTS.

I got my SSB bar from their warehouse to me in 18 hours.

Regarding belts.

1 prong or lever. 2 prongs are a major hassle.

Lighter belts work well to hold down a bench shirt, power belts? Not so well.
same here. when i was helping wendler pay for his new chopper, .(electronic copy of 531 manual) the file got bounced by my email server @ work. I called and had a fresh new pdf. within 3 minutes. same thing with my belt. bought a single prong on sale in a color they didn't have in stock, they got it turned around in a week. i've bought maybe 6 or 7 other little things over the last year, good fast customer service all round.

shipping on that prowler is brutal, having a local welder build one for the cost of shippign alone.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #35
Steve Shafley

One of my athlete's dads saw my econoprowler and said he could weld me up a few more if I wanted.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #36
Derek Weaver

Bump.

When you guys are talking about the spud belt, are you talking about either of these?
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&m=PD&pid=2480
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&m=PD&pid=2840

EDIT:
If so, I'm a little confused how to measure. Anyone know if the measurements are true to size?

My actual waist where I wear my belt is as low as 29" and as high as 31" up to 32" after all you can eat sushi. I get substantially thicker in a hurry at the navel and above.

I just realized I look really odd through the torso.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #37
Derek Weaver

Beeeump.

I have broken down and realize I need to pony up for a new belt. Preferably one with that will serve the purpose for the slow lifts only. Don't care about the oly lifts at this point anymore.

Anyone know if the spud inc belts will do for squats. I've read mixed reviews, as to their multipurpose-ness (made that term up).

Gotta protect the back a little more than the cheap belt I've got right now.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #38
Kevin Perry

Derek,

I have no experience with the spud belts but I started breaking in an inzer forever belt which is built very sturdy. It's a bit pricey though, 67ish i think.

The shiek I got earlier this year is really good too i think it's a bit cheaper around 50.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #39
Derek Weaver

Cool. Still looking for a good compromise. Anything shy of maybe $70 can still fit in my price range. My big concern is pulling. Something's happened that has made my low back feel very vulnerable pulling. I think it's psychological because my squat feels more stable and has gone from pathetic to "meh", recently.

I just am not really in a position to be dropping duckets on two belts for squatting and pulling. Need a utility belt if you will.

A little more support may help me man up and get a decent pull going.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #40
Derek Weaver

I sacked up and just ordered the 3 Ply Spud. If anyone is still wondering about any of this, I'll review the belt in the next couple of weeks and post it here, or in a new thread. If not, well... I won't.