Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Equipment

Old 07-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
Donald Lee

If you read the reviews on the site I linked, they talk about how both the Rogue and Pendlay DoWins have quality control issues due to being made in China.
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #12
stephan marcella

For what is worth, I have owned the Do-Wins (older model from 2008 and newer 2010 models). On both pairs the rubber sole separated from the wood by the 4th workout. Also, a few of the guys purchased the new Do-Wins and all experienced the same thing. We happened to all by the gray ones. The first pair I bought I just stuck it out. I glued them several times but within a month they were falling apart. The second pair (2010 version) were returned immediately, because like you I felt they should be a little better built than that.

So far the Kanamas have held up well since January. No issues and they are extremely comfortable. I have feet in like Fred Flinstone, therefore, they fit wide feet.

I will probably try the Risto's next but one of the guys we train with has a pair (the white ones) and the wood is starting to separate, but I have to admit it looks as though they were left in water. It looks like how plywood separates if wet.

To be honest, don't waste too much time trying to decide....just get a pair and start training with them. Unless you have poor ankle mobility, the heel height won't really matter. Both the Do-Wins and Kanamas fit true to my dress shoe size.
stephan marcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #13
Frank Needham

Oh hell, I'll probably just go down to the Army Surplus and get a pair of jump boots and will most likely be better off in the long run for it. I'm too cheap to throw good $$ down the rat hole of poor quality. I don't mind paying for good quality but can't stand forking over $$ for junk. Thanks everyone, the help is much appreciated.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 AM   #14
Collin O'Neill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Needham View Post
Oh hell, I'll probably just go down to the Army Surplus and get a pair of jump boots and will most likely be better off in the long run for it. I'm too cheap to throw good $$ down the rat hole of poor quality. I don't mind paying for good quality but can't stand forking over $$ for junk. Thanks everyone, the help is much appreciated.
I got the Wei-Ruis from Maxbarbell.com, and I couldn't be more pleased with them.

Granted, I am only 10 workouts in, but for $54 they are holding up nicely.
Collin O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #15
Aaron Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Needham View Post
Then get some Adidas ones.
Aaron Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #16
Derek Simonds

My Do-Wins (blue suede) are at least 3 years old. I had to have a cobbler fix the left shoe in December and the right one blew out on me a month ago. They are sitting right where I took them off in the garage still. The cobbler was able to glue and nail them back together and the left one seems to be better feeling now then before it blew out.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote