Go Back   Olympic Weightlifting Forums - Catalyst Athletics > Olympic Weightlifting > Other

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
Pierre Auge
Senior Member
Pierre Auge's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 522

Never had a problem with Renegade rows on KB's myself, frankly if you are afraid that your wrists are going to snap while using them then maybe some slow easy concerted RR's with kbs are exactly what you need to strengthen your wrists.

Fear is the mind killer! - Bene Jesurite Saying

Hell if you can do them with 32kg kb's then I doubt VERY much that you will flip them unless you weigh WELL over 200lbs!

Though I agree cost to function ratio on db's are better, but get this, in my gym, I have 5 kettlebells, count them 5, I have 76 dumbbells. The 5 kettlebells get used 90% of the time and the db's get used the other 10% when the movement could go eitherway!

But to each his own I guess. I must admit I need more practice teaching good dumbbell move technique and so my knowledge of good kb movement being greater I'm sure makes me preferential to teaching the kb stuff.
NOTICE: Pierre Auge's opinions are subject to change at any time and without prior notice.

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #12
Mike ODonnell
Senior Member
Mike ODonnell's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,560

Fear is one thing....training smart for injury prevention is another....no fun being out 6-8 weeks of no lifting. Just cause I have some rollerblades doesn't mean I want to do squats on them....thats just my attitude at this point in life after many setbacks in injuries...then again for fun I do squats on a swiss ball....so I never claimed to be smart.....
Fitness Spotlight
The IF Life
Mike ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #13
Dave Van Skike
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,708
Talking Tried them

Tried out a few sets of renegade rows at lunch today. Used a set of DD 24 kilo KB's..........disaster!

I'm resting comfortably now. Looking at a 12 week recovery from shattered wrists (both) compound fracture of radius and ulna (again, both arms), ruptured spleen and jock itch. I'm pretty sure I already had the ruptured spleen though.
Practical Strength
Dave Van Skike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:19 AM   #14
James Evans
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 537

I guess you typed that with your nose then.
James Evans is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.