Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #921
Leon Robotham
Member
 
Leon Robotham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 226
Default

Hey Gant

Do you have any experience with running a judo/BJJ club through starting strength while still training heavily on the mats?
Leon Robotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #922
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Hey Gant

Do you have any experience with running a judo/BJJ club through starting strength while still training heavily on the mats?
Leon, I just saw this. Shoot me an email with specific questions.
__________________
"It should be more like birthday party than physics class." | Log | 70's Big
Gant Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #923
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default

I was in Utah for a month trying a case in federal court. Our trial was right next door to the Mitchell guy who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart. He is a nasty looking guy who deserves to be split with a hatchet.

I had a set of rings, a sandbag, and Bas Rutten's Thai Boxing workout. I did a lot of bodyweight stuff that wasn't worth writing down. The worst part was seeing my traps slowly disappear everyday.

But I'm back now. I plan to take 2-3 weeks ramping back up to my last 531 cycle.

Yesterday

1) squat
5x5, worked up to 140kg on last set, no belt

2) jerk supports
5x5, worked up to 120kg on last set

3) rack pulls
405x5
__________________
"It should be more like birthday party than physics class." | Log | 70's Big
Gant Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #924
Derek Simonds
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Deland, FL
Posts: 4,231
Default

Glad you are back! I hate to see good traps go to waste.
__________________
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe, is in the end, of little consequence. The only thing of consequence is what we do. -John Ruskin

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #925
Leon Robotham
Member
 
Leon Robotham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gant Grimes View Post
I was in Utah for a month trying a case in federal court. Our trial was right next door to the Mitchell guy who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart. He is a nasty looking guy who deserves to be split with a hatchet.

I had a set of rings, a sandbag, and Bas Rutten's Thai Boxing workout. I did a lot of bodyweight stuff that wasn't worth writing down. The worst part was seeing my traps slowly disappear everyday.

But I'm back now. I plan to take 2-3 weeks ramping back up to my last 531 cycle.

Yesterday

1) squat
5x5, worked up to 140kg on last set, no belt

2) jerk supports
5x5, worked up to 120kg on last set

3) rack pulls
405x5
I remember reading that story over here in the UK, did't he get jailed for that?

Was popping in to say hello, happy new year and to ask how your training experiment was coming along with the addition of some of Joels principles?

Hope you're well mate.

P.S. That Bas Rutten workout is hilarious, well his voice is. We used to use that every now and then during my Muay Thai days, I couldn't help but chuckle when he calls out the commands.

Have you ever seen his self defence vids? The dude is crazy!
Leon Robotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #926
Gant Grimes
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default

Yeah, Bas is nuts. It's a nice distraction from grappling. I get a nice workout, and I don't have to put much thought into it.

I posted my updates re: Joel Jamieson in the fighting forum.

I largely retired from the Internets in November while I was in Utah. I liked it so much. I probably won't update this thread again because I'm just doing whatever the hell I feel like doing in the gym. Thanks, all, for reading.
__________________
"It should be more like birthday party than physics class." | Log | 70's Big
Gant Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #927
Leon Robotham
Member
 
Leon Robotham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gant Grimes View Post
Yeah, Bas is nuts. It's a nice distraction from grappling. I get a nice workout, and I don't have to put much thought into it.

I posted my updates re: Joel Jamieson in the fighting forum.

I largely retired from the Internets in November while I was in Utah. I liked it so much. I probably won't update this thread again because I'm just doing whatever the hell I feel like doing in the gym. Thanks, all, for reading.
Shame to see you leave, but I understand completely.

Keep having fun!
Leon Robotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #928
matthew brewster
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: uk
Posts: 52
Default

All the best Gant
matthew brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.