Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Endurance

Old 11-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #41
Jarod Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Cricchio View Post
So is this board Diet IGX now? Those of us in the stands who could give a shit less about either side would really like to know.

By the way, your internet Kung-Fu is honed and effective. Kudos champion.
You have to admit that made you laugh It sure as hell had me cracking up.

I think the point made on this topic is simply that the attitude of certain people about CF is that it's superior to everything else, but the evidence just isn't there. Name one CFer who won a gold medal. Even Eva T won her bronze at World's before she started CF.

I dig CF, I think it's fun. But if I was training for ultramarathon, I think I'd be running, not doing Fran over and over again. Strange as it sounds, the traditional methods still seem to work best.
Jarod Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #42
Grissim Connery

From the article

Quote:
What are the 3 biggest mistakes you see endurance athletes make and how would you suggest they change?
Nutrition, Training, Recovery. I know this is vague, but there is so much wrong we could write a book on it. All of the nutrition sucks in endurance sports… Get rid of the supplements and start adding real food. Training: stop running, riding, and swimming all day, it doesn’t make you faster! You are quad dominant, and your hips don’t work for Christ’s sake. Learn to move correctly, and lift heavy… Then go really fast! I’d also like to throw in that none of them look at their particular sport as a skill, and because of this they will never do what they love for a long time. PERIOD!
I'd been under the impression that running was a more glut/posterior dominant skill. Are elite endurance runners more quad dominant (as opposed to sprinters)?
Grissim Connery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #43
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grissim Connery View Post
From the article

I'd been under the impression that running was a more glut/posterior dominant skill. Are elite endurance runners more quad dominant (as opposed to sprinters)?
I was reading about this the other day, can't find it, but even though this being sprint & middle, & isn't ultra:

IAAF: How to train to become a top distance runner safe
IAAF: Biomechanical analysis of the medalists in the 10,000 metres at the 2007 World Championships in Athletics safe
Verkhoshanky: SST for Middle Distance safe
He is clearly confused and has a dire misunderstanding of sport physiology.
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #44
Derek Weaver

If anyone hasn't clicked on the link in Andrew's sig yet. Do yourself a favor and do so.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #45
Donald Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
If anyone hasn't clicked on the link in Andrew's sig yet. Do yourself a favor and do so.
That is a massive amount of info right there. Whose site is that?
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #46
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Lee View Post
That is a massive amount of info right there. Whose site is that?
I needed somewhere to post all my notes just in case I needed to switch laptops or something happened to my hard drive, realized at around 400 posts that a lot of this information can help a lot of people out so attached to the signature. I have around 500 more with IAAF studies and presentations, was going to add that the next few months
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #47
Jarod Barker

Quote:
Yeah I clicked it the first time I saw it wondering what Crossfitters of the Lost Ark was, and I'm still not done going through all the info there.

Andrew, you have quite a collection, and alot of really good info. I don't know how you manage to keep track of it all.
Jarod Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #48
Daniel Wurzberg

Quote:
I know I'm a year too late, but wondering if that link is still alive somewhere.

tnx

D
Daniel Wurzberg is offline   Reply With Quote