Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 07-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #1861
Tami Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
http://startingstrength.com/articles...ve_gillian.pdf

Excellent article everyone should read.
That was an outstanding article. Thanks for posting.
Tami Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #1862
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Comments:

Quote:
1/10. If you can't lower your arams how are you typing? I doubt any person or trainer is dumb enough to take that on as a first workout. I am curious though, please go run a 5k and let us know how much time you dropped.
Quote:
you probably have the world record for hands-in-the-air-the-longest.
Quote:
crossfit is highly popular among douchbags. try a little work out progression next time moron.
Quote:
I had something similar when I spent an hour throwing medicine balls about, particularly lying on my back on the floor and throwing one up into the air and catching it when I was in a bit of a rage. Only, if I remember rightly, when I woke up the next day I couldn't raise my arms instead, and I felt sick. It lasted about 10 days. Nothing helped apart from time. Have you been able to drive?
Quote:
I laughed at the first post for about 15 minutes.
Quote:
Ah...I remember this workout. I crossfitted all last summer, and I never experienced acute muscle soreness. I was sure to eat a ton of protein (milk, meat, cottage cheese, plain yogurt) along with the fruits and veggies. You probably didn't tear anything..and I agree with the 1st to reply, you probably have rhabdo. Make sure you get a ton of sleep over the next few days, and maybe ask the "trainer" (I'm hesitant to give them full credibility) for an alternative workout. Sometimes, I'd jumprope that class to get some good cardio while not making myself more sore. Hope this helps...and don't follow the Paleo diet they preach. Trust me, it can mess you up
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Cyril Sack
This message has been deleted by Cyril Sack.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #1863
Corey Kissel

Andrew, what really scares me more than reading post after post after post that comes in like this, is the fact that there hasn't been a full 24 hour period where I visited this thread and didn't see an additional horror story. The information sitting in your archives that you have yet to put on this forum really makes me ill, I think I'll actually sleep better not tallying up the achilles ruptures and SLAP tears.

I dont know if this will happen, but if the games ever approach the ten year mark of existence, I can't even imagine the life-changing stories we'll be hearing about concerning adrenal fatigue, and the compromise that comes with abusing the body for the rigors that the games requires. Just watched the video of froning and graham training in preperation for this competition. Froning may have done 8 heavy metcons over 10 hours during that video. I think holmberg was approaching 6 before the closing. Unbelievable...
Corey Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #1864
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Kissel View Post
Andrew, what really scares me more than reading post after post after post that comes in like this, is the fact that there hasn't been a full 24 hour period where I visited this thread and didn't see an additional horror story.

I'm at 212 for 202 so far; that's 212 Crossfit Rhabdos over 202 days searching.
213 if you want to count that last post.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #1865
Corey Kissel

Oh my goodness. That literally makes me cringe! I can't even fathom 1000 cases of rhabdo. The medical community will look at this stuff like an epidemic! They'll have to make public awareness speeches.

Healthy insurance will probably rise exponentially for individuals that are members of affiliates!

Who'd of thunk it? Paying more for your health insurance as a result of joining an establishment that is intended to improve your health and quality of life.

(Obviously these presumptious statements have not yet been realized, and I'm going to end this post before I give myself nightmares)
Old 07-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #1866
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Kissel View Post
Healthy insurance will probably rise exponentially for individuals that are members of affiliates!

Who'd of thunk it? Paying more for your health insurance as a result of joining an establishment that is intended to improve your health and quality of life.

(Obviously these presumptious statements have not yet been realized, and I'm going to end this post before I give myself nightmares)
Well this is why the Crossfit RRG was created for the affiliates: insurance companies were excluding rhabdo in their coverage, so instead of just eliminating workouts that caused rhabdo, Coach started his own RRG. Fast forward 2 years later, this thread with 212 rhabdos. Basically they refused to fix the original problem - the framework of crossfit programming and benchmark wods causing rhabdo - and just put up "a formidable defense barrier" <- that's an actual quote on the Crossfit RRG site.
It's really crooked. If you want to look into it more, check out the Crossfit White Pages, it's stunning the amount crooked shit they've gotten away with. Completely making shit up in the Crossfit Journal and neglecting the responsibility of eliminating the risk of rhabdo, achilles ruptures, and slap tears are things of their own, but the character assassinations and dirty business actions takes it to just a whole different level.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #1867
Scott Pauly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
Well this is why the Crossfit RRG was created for the affiliates: insurance companies were excluding rhabdo in their coverage, so instead of just eliminating workouts that caused rhabdo, Coach started his own RRG. Fast forward 2 years later, this thread with 212 rhabdos. Basically they refused to fix the original problem - the framework of crossfit programming and benchmark wods causing rhabdo - and just put up "a formidable defense barrier" <- that's an actual quote on the Crossfit RRG site.
It's really crooked. If you want to look into it more, check out the Crossfit White Pages, it's stunning the amount crooked shit they've gotten away with. Completely making shit up in the Crossfit Journal and neglecting the responsibility of eliminating the risk of rhabdo, achilles ruptures, and slap tears are things of their own, but the character assassinations and dirty business actions takes it to just a whole different level.
Andrew more info on the Crossfit White Pages, Where do I find this?
Scott Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #1868
Corey Kissel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
Wow. I never connected the dots. I CANNOT FATHOM how any individual would go that route and be able to sleep at nite. Instead of fixing the problem hiding behind a defense barrier, that's an excuse for not giving a **** about your clients and learning about how to properly program. Thanks for exposing me to this reality. Just another weapon to use in fighting this battle...
Old 07-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #1869
Steven Low
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
http://startingstrength.com/articles...ve_gillian.pdf

Excellent article everyone should read.
Nice article.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #1870
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Here's the million dollar question:

Why isn't Andy Stumpf & Nicole Carol running Crossfit? http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...1AndyWiCF8.mov Those are some brilliant people. Put those 2 people in charge, rhabdo, slap, achilles would very well disappear