Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Community > Community & Events

Old 07-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #1871
Scott Pauly

Andy and Nicole were instructors ad both my level 1 and level 2 cert, both are class acts and are great trainers. Too bad they aren't running things.
Scott Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #1872
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Lee View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there were some improvements. Fascial work can be amazing.

http://www.structuralwisdom.com/Anat...ain_Lines.html
It was pretty cool the way it was described. The hands and arms were just corkscrewed in a very subtle way. It seemed that once the athletes got the hang of it, they were more relaxed everywhere from their arms up to their jaws.

I'll have to see if I can dig up the article.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #1873
Andrew Wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pauly View Post
Andy and Nicole were instructors ad both my level 1 and level 2 cert, both are class acts and are great trainers. Too bad they aren't running things.
They really do seem like two sharp individuals and class acts, I get the impression if they ran the show, Crossfit wouldn't have any of the problems we're seeing.
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Andrew Wilson
This message has been deleted by Andrew Wilson.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 PM
John Thomas
This message has been deleted by John Thomas.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #1874
Andrew Wilson
Banned

I completely agree.

Courtesy to the Crossfit White Pages:
Old 07-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #1875
Andrew Wilson
Banned

My mistake, that's just another Greg Glassman quote.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #1876
Shane Skowron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pauly View Post
Andrew more info on the Crossfit White Pages, Where do I find this?
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6r...2MDQw&hl=en_US

Everyone who's ever heard of Crossfit should read that to know the background on this organization.
Shane Skowron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #1877
Corey Kissel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Skowron View Post
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6r...2MDQw&hl=en_US

Everyone who's ever heard of Crossfit should read that to know the background on this organization.
That might have been the best overview of xfit I've ever come across, and ordered in a chronological fashion?? Bookmarked!
Corey Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #1878
Colin Starrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
Any time you chronically inflame an area without allowing it to heal you're opening yourself up to some bad bad bad bad injuries.
This is the crazy thing about the CF fanaticism amongst people who, ultimately, just want to train a bit and not suck at life. Not pro athletes, not pro CFers, essentially weekend warriors. This is 99.9% of the fitness population. Amongst this, we all have varying degrees of how far we want to push it. Personally, I will do a PL meet here and here, will probably do some other strength related competitions at some point, but really I'm just a wannabe strength athlete. I want to get better, stronger, but I also want to be healthy and take a long term, safe approach to everything. I'm on the wrong side of 25 (or hell, 18) to get into any sport too seriously.

For this population, of which I am a part of, recovery is of the utmost importance, and the pendulum swings heavier in the recovery direction the older you get. This is something Dan John, Pavel, Wendler, etc harp on routinely. If it means I skip a workout, or take it easy for a week, so be it. But these CFers work out routinely while they're banged up, and think it's some badge of honor. For people who joke routinely about the Darwinism of their "sport", a lot of them just follow the rest of the lemmings off the cliff.
Colin Starrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #1879
Steve Shafley

Stellar work on that sprint mechanic bit, ADub.
Steve Shafley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #1880
Corey Kissel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Starrett View Post
This is the crazy thing about the CF fanaticism amongst people who, ultimately, just want to train a bit and not suck at life. Not pro athletes, not pro CFers, essentially weekend warriors. This is 99.9% of the fitness population. Amongst this, we all have varying degrees of how far we want to push it. Personally, I will do a PL meet here and here, will probably do some other strength related competitions at some point, but really I'm just a wannabe strength athlete. I want to get better, stronger, but I also want to be healthy and take a long term, safe approach to everything. I'm on the wrong side of 25 (or hell, 18) to get into any sport too seriously.

For this population, of which I am a part of, recovery is of the utmost importance, and the pendulum swings heavier in the recovery direction the older you get. This is something Dan John, Pavel, Wendler, etc harp on routinely. If it means I skip a workout, or take it easy for a week, so be it. But these CFers work out routinely while they're banged up, and think it's some badge of honor. For people who joke routinely about the Darwinism of their "sport", a lot of them just follow the rest of the lemmings off the cliff.
Amen.
Corey Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote