Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #2841
Derek Simonds

So I closed the big deal I was working on. It is moving ahead as a beta / pilot. That means that I am going to be covered up for the next 6 weeks doing a ton of development and internal training. I know that during periods of intense stress my workouts become very important to me along with food. With that said I am going to pay close attention to what I am attempting to do. If I feel like I am over reaching I am going to pull back. I can't afford to be sidelined for any reason right now.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #2842
Derek Simonds

5 June 2012 Tuesday

D W/U
Foam Roll

Press up to 95 X 8 X 5
P/U 2 X 7

DB Incline Bench 65 X 6, 50 X 12, 40 X 21 (I wanted 25 just couldn't quite get there)
Chin Up + 10 LB's X 6, DB Rowz 50 X 12, 40 X 25

BB Curlz and Tri Extensions fast to keep the blood flowing.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #2843
Derek Simonds

BJJ Competition Class: 7 minutes of throws / entries 4 minutes of stretch and then 49 minutes non stop of positional drilling. My aggressiveness played out quite nicely on the mat today. I had a ton of success sweeping and passing guard. Worked up one hell of a sweat as well.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #2844
Arien Malec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
So I closed the big deal I was working on. It is moving ahead as a beta / pilot. That means that I am going to be covered up for the next 6 weeks doing a ton of development and internal training. I know that during periods of intense stress my workouts become very important to me along with food. With that said I am going to pay close attention to what I am attempting to do. If I feel like I am over reaching I am going to pull back. I can't afford to be sidelined for any reason right now.
Awesome! Totally agree: with stress, workouts are more important, but the line between working out your stress and messing yourself up is very very fine.
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #2845
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien Malec View Post
Awesome! Totally agree: with stress, workouts are more important, but the line between working out your stress and messing yourself up is very very fine.
Yes it is. I hope that I can find it and walk it perfectly. I have to get some more sleep this weekend I have been running on about 5/6 hours of sleep for a couple of weeks and I getting tired...

Old 06-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #2846
Derek Simonds

5 June 2012 Tuesday PM

BJJ Fundamentals: Just a punch the card class. My left foot swelled up on me from where one of the big dudes from earlier in the day rolled on my foot. Owie.

6 June 2012 Wednesday AM

D W/U
Foam Roll

20 Each of OH, Chest, and Scoop 12 LB Med Ball Throws X 6 Supersetted with
Green Band GM's X 12 X 3
Box Jumps 24" X 8 X 3
OH KB Lunge 16 KG X 6 each leg X 3
Explosive Push Ups on to 4" Box X 4 X 3
Crap I forgot the 5th exercise.

So a total of 360 throws and some good explosive auxiliary work.

DB 1 Arm Floor Press 50 X 6, 45 X 12, 35 X 25
DB Curlz 35 X 6, 25 X 12, 20 X 25

25 LB Oly Plate Punch Press X 20 X 3
45 LB BB X 12W, 12N, 10R

Old 06-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #2847
Derek Simonds

7 June 2012 Thursday

D W/U
Foam Roll

DB Incline Bench up to 65 X 5,4,5,5
Weighted Chins + 20 X 1,2,3,4,5,5

Press 100 X 6, 75 X 12, 55 X 22
DB Rowz 65 X 6, 45 X 12, 40 X 25

Standing Abz Wheel X 5, Kneeling X 20
Drag Curlz 55 X 8 X 2

Just ran out of time. Those standing abz wheel rollouts are difficult. At the bottom I was fully elongated but couldn't hold myself off the ground. I was able to pull back up from the bottom just couldn't hold the position.

Pleased as all punch with my db bench. The press dissapointed me at 22 for 55 lb's.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #2848
Derek Simonds

07 June 2012 Thursday PM

Recovery row 2500 M's in 10:34 nice and easy never got my HR too high.

3 Rounds of Abz...
Ring L Sits X 10 seconds X 3
25 Stability ball head to ceiling sit ups
40 LB Weighted sit up X 12 X 3

08 June 2012 Friday AM

D W/U
Foam Roll
B W/U

Hang Snatch BB X 5, 5, 65 X 1 X 10
Explosive Push Ups 4" box X 4 X 5

DO DL up to 275 X 5, 295 X 1 (in all fairness the dang bar fell out of my hands just below my knees...) switched to opposing grip and did 295 X 1 X 2
FS up to 135 X 5, 5, 145 X 5, 3

Made it to the office and already have had one helluva stressful morning...

Old 06-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #2849
Derek Simonds

09 June 2012 Saturday

D W/U
Foam Roll
B W/U

HPC up to 105 X 1 X 10
Explosive Push Ups X 3 X 7

Gymnastics Holds with the kids for about 10 minutes hollow rocks, hollow holds, crunch holds some pretty challenging stuff after about a minute.

Lunch

BJJ Competition Class: Some good arm bar variations involving trapping with your opponents gi and how to handle when they stack the shit out of you. Including one variant that I have never done before where you windshield wiper both your feet towards the ground diagonally over your opponents head. That worked really well for me.

Grappled 2 rounds and was generally cautious of my left foot.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #2850
Arien Malec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
Those standing abz wheel rollouts are difficult. At the bottom I was fully elongated but couldn't hold myself off the ground. I was able to pull back up from the bottom just couldn't hold the position.
Nice -- strong work. If you can get there, the approach that I'm trying (going to the position that you can hold and recover from, and working down) should work; also the Ross Enamait approaches (roll to a wall and recover, or use a ramp to get full extension on a slight upslope) should work as well.
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote