Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Olympic Weightlifting

Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
Richard Bendekovic

Default Snatch critique

I enjoy this forum and am looking for snatch commentary, I need all I can get. I can't seem to implement the advice but not for lack of trying. A local coach tells me one of my biggest impediments is tightest in upper body especially the arms. Like I said, working on that as well as more speed in third pull and mobility to pull under and catch deeper. As always thanks.

Richard Bendekovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Greg Everett
Administrator

Try being a bit more controlled when separating the bar from the floor - that big yank will shoot your hips up too quickly and shoot you out too far over the bar. Push the feet through the floor and keep your chest up while bringing the bar back toward your body and your weight back more toward your heels.

Fix that, and I'd be willing to be that the arm bend will be reduced significantly - right now it's at least partly a reaction to your weight being too far forward because of that start.

Give those things a shot and you should be able to open up a bit more at the top and be more aggressive moving under.

"Without a doubt the best book on the market about Olympic-style weightlifting." - Mike Burgener, USAW Senior International Coach

American Weightlifting: The Documentary
Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal
Greg Everett is offline   Reply With Quote