Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Jason German

Default Is significant weight loss possible without much conditioning?

Here is my deal. I started CF 3 years ago at about 270# got down to 214# in a little over a year doing CF 4-5 days per week and eating paleo about 85% of the time. I did my first weightlifting meet in fall of 2011 and was hooked. I have been training weightlifting 4-5 days/week with 1 or 2 short metcons per week like Greg suggests for the weightlifter who likes to do a little crossfit but admittedly my diet has fallen way off and I'm back up 255#. I want to get down to the 94kg weight class to be more competitive and healthier in general. Is it possible to lose that type of weight with my current training regimen if I dial my diet back in? I know its possible with lots of CF because I have done it before but I am really enjoying weightlifting.
Jason German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Allen Yeh

Absolutely possible! Work on getting that food thing under control and it will all fall into place.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Keith Miller

Totally agree with Allen!! I've gone up and down based on eating alone without changing anything in my training (all Olympic Weightlifting).
Keith Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Matson Lee

This posting is marvelous and what a fantastic research that you have done. Work on getting that food thing under control and it will help you in getting your desired isaacbefitlife
Old 10-28-2014, 03:37 AM   #5
atifa harion

As far as i think its quite possible to loss weight with your current weightlifting routine you just have to stick again on your old diet plan