Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Nutrition Logs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 07:22 AM   #111
John Alston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: tidy bowl man's apt.
Posts: 1,121
Default 6/29

Chicken, grilled breast it looks like.
Some mango chunks.
All from the deli.

Rating: too effin' low in fat.
__________________
"Morning, Putski eats it, noon, Putski eats it, night, Putski eats it. Putski loves!"
John Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 AM   #112
Yuen Sohn
Senior Member
 
Yuen Sohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 957
Default

Company cafeteria shutdown this morning due to water supply problems.

Good thing I brought my mixed greens salad to work.
I need meat, however

Rating: Water problems my ass. I bet it's a rat infestation. Bring it on!
Yuen Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:18 AM   #113
Yvana van den Hork
Member
 
Yvana van den Hork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NL, Europe
Posts: 34
Default

The usual coconut cinnamon omelette , except that it didn't have apple slices or raspberries but dried cranberries in it. Yum!

Hmmm cranberries are good for omelettes. High ORAC value! It was a good thing after all that the Elstar apples I prefer for omelettes are no longer unavailable. Buying Pink Lady apples for treats and using all kind of other foods to put in the omelette instead.

Just loaded up on caffein with a mug of coffee w cocoa, pc of chocolate and 200mg of caffein PLUS a couple of CrEE tabs and I'm off to the gym.

Last FL2B workout coming along.
__________________
Contrarian and anti-KISS!
diet: back to 3 square meals but skipping lunch = 2 short fasts.
Yvana van den Hork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:08 PM   #114
John Alston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: tidy bowl man's apt.
Posts: 1,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvana van den Hork View Post
The usual coconut cinnamon omelette , except that it didn't have apple slices or raspberries but dried cranberries in it. Yum!

Hmmm cranberries are good for omelettes. High ORAC value! It was a good thing after all that the Elstar apples I prefer for omelettes are no longer unavailable. Buying Pink Lady apples for treats and using all kind of other foods to put in the omelette instead.

Just loaded up on caffein with a mug of coffee w cocoa, pc of chocolate and 200mg of caffein PLUS a couple of CrEE tabs and I'm off to the gym.

Last FL2B workout coming along.
Yvana, that sounds like quite a nice breakfast. How would you rate that omelette?
__________________
"Morning, Putski eats it, noon, Putski eats it, night, Putski eats it. Putski loves!"
John Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #115
Yael Grauer
Senior Member
 
Yael Grauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,590
Default

banana smoothie with all the crap I try to get myself to take added to it, including c vitamins in the form of assorted mineral ascorbates, fish oil (coromega orange with a hint of chocolate), BerryGreens, coconut oil, raw cacao nibs and x-factor butter oil. Rating: I should've added raw milk or coconut milk instead of water, and I need to buy some grassfed eggs to add too.
__________________
http://yaelwrites.com
Yael Grauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 PM   #116
Dave Van Skike
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,738
Default

oatmeal.....dried apricots, almonds, raisins and milk.
cold chicken breast, coffee and cream. took a nap after.

rating: The rating for this breakfast can best be summed up in David Allen Coe's song appearance on Heehaw in fall of 1979...... Now I lay me down to cheat
__________________
Practical Strength
Dave Van Skike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #117
Dave Van Skike
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yael Grauer View Post
banana smoothie with all the crap I try to get myself to take added to it, including c vitamins in the form of assorted mineral ascorbates, fish oil (coromega orange with a hint of chocolate), BerryGreens, coconut oil, raw cacao nibs and x-factor butter oil. Rating: I should've added raw milk or coconut milk instead of water, and I need to buy some grassfed eggs to add too.
how do they get those eggs to eat the grass? I've pickled eggs before but can't seem to get them to take solid food.
__________________
Practical Strength
Dave Van Skike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #118
Yvana van den Hork
Member
 
Yvana van den Hork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NL, Europe
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Alston View Post
Yvana, that sounds like quite a nice breakfast. How would you rate that omelette?
It's something I've been having for a breakfast since about 6 months and never grown tired of it. Mostly with an apple though.
It's really the perfect pre-workout breakfast. Since I've switched to working out at 6pm, I've made it into a late afternoon meal since there was nothing that could beat it. Probably the combination of fruit, eggs and coconut. Fruit for some more liver glycogen , coconut for MCT fats and eggs for lasting energy?
Not entirely sure what effect the cinnamon has but it's a good addition for diabetics. I was just using it because it's awesome with apples and kept using it because of that other property.

Raspberries are really awesome and I've even only tried frozen ones. Still need to try other berries.
Bananas are too high glycemic to be a good choice, unless it's a small one (or half a banana)
__________________
Contrarian and anti-KISS!
diet: back to 3 square meals but skipping lunch = 2 short fasts.
Yvana van den Hork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #119
Yael Grauer
Senior Member
 
Yael Grauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Van Skike View Post
how do they get those eggs to eat the grass? I've pickled eggs before but can't seem to get them to take solid food.
I ask them nicely.
__________________
http://yaelwrites.com
Yael Grauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #120
Allen Yeh
Senior Member
 
Allen Yeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 4,245
Default

June 30 2007

1/2 leftover Chipotle barbocoa fajita burrito
bacon dipped in guacomole

Rating: How have I never dipped bacon in guacomole before! Awesome!
__________________
"And for crying out loud. Don't go into the pain cave. I can't stress this enough. Your Totem Animal won't be in there to help you. You'll be on your own. The Pain Cave is for cowards.
Pain is your companion, don't go hide from it."
-Kelly Starrett
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.