Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Nutrition Logs

Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 AM   #61
John Alston

Default 6/6

Ground beef, about a 1/3 of a lb.
Apple, pb, supps (rememberd cod liver oil today).

Note - this was for 6/7, not 6/6.

Rating: I'm stoopid.

Last edited by John Alston : 06-08-2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: brain fart
John Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #62
John Alston

Default 6/8

From Cafe Water: A nice spot of chicken, grilled. Blue and razz berries, a nice heap of 'em.
From the office fridge: peanut butter.
From my bag: the usual supps.

Rating: An opposition Venezuelan television station whose broadcast license has not been renewed by the government is now turning to YouTube to get its message out after its transmitter was taken over by a state-run channel. Hugo Chavez's "Bolivarian Revolution" has no time for media groups that criticize his government; Radio Caracas Televisión (RCTV) is now off the air, and another channel, Globovision, could be next, according to CNN.

Last edited by John Alston : 06-20-2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: spelling
John Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #63
Yuen Sohn

Default 08-Jun-2007

Busy morning and not much appetite

Some almonds and coffee

Rating: PG

Last edited by Yuen Sohn : 06-08-2007 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Changed rating from NC-17 to PG upon further review.
Yuen Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:27 AM   #64
John Alston

Default 6/11

One can albacore. Olive oil, tomato, Old Bay.
Apple, Pb, supps.

Rating: Forgot about chicken hearts on the stove last night and burned the hell outta them. Man outta food in the mornin'.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:21 AM   #65
John Alston

Default 6/12

A couple fried eggs, some turkey breast, with tomatillo salsa and mexican cumbled cheese.
An apple, a little Pb and the supps.

Rating: (RS)
Artists were exciting. Artists were sexually free. Above all art redeemed the bourgeoisie from the greedy sin of acquisitiveness. As Jacques Barzun has argued, it wasn't long before art became a new religion, writers were revered as prophets, and as part of this understanding the bourgeoisie came to believe that the creators of fine literature and beautiful music also had beautiful souls.

This was nonsense. The so-called artist's 'gift', wrote Thomas Mann in 1903, has dark roots in a poisoned psyche. "It is a very dubious affair and rests upon extremely sinister foundations." The world should know that most artists today are sick in mind and spirit, a danger to decent people and heedless of the damage they cause. Plumbers and carpenters and other tradesmen are reliable friends. But artists are not. And because he understood this so clearly, the eponymous Tonio Kröger (the character of a writer in the book who speaks for Mann himself) was embarrassed to find complete strangers sending him letters of praise:

"…I positively blush at the thought of how these good people would freeze up if they were to get a look behind the scenes. What they, in their innocence, cannot comprehend is that a properly constituted, healthy, decent man never writes, acts, or composes…"

Literature is not a calling, it is a curse, believe me! It begins by your feeling yourself set apart, in a curious sort of opposition to the nice, regular people; there is a gulf of ironic sensibility, of knowledge, scepticism, disagreement, between you and the others; it grows deeper and deeper, you realize that you are alone; and from then on any rapprochement is simply hopeless! What a fate!
Old 06-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #66
Yuen Sohn

Default 12-Jun-2007

Stuck in work-related training/meetings from 9 to 5.

a bunch of ham and cheese croissant sandwiches
as many blackberries/raspberries I could eat without seeming like a greedy bastard.

Rating: When I suggested beef and avocado be served at the next breakfast meeting, people laughed. I didn't.
Yuen Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:41 AM   #67
Allen Yeh

June 12, 2007

Doing installations on sites last week and this week and I usually don't end my fast until at earliest 9 am so yesterday breakfast was around 1:30 pm.

3 slices of pizza w/the works.

Rating: Eh...wish they had the all meat slices instead. Hopefully not pizza today!

P.S. I saw the First Lady yesterday as we were trying to bring some equipment in a side door and were told by the Secret Service guy to wait a few minutes for her and her entourage to pass through.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:11 AM   #68
John Alston

Default 6/13

3 eggs and a bit o' turkey scramble. Cumbled Mexican cheese and tomatillo salsa.
One Macintosh, which sucked, by the way. Have they always been this bad? I felt like it was going to burn a hole in my stomach. The peanut butter wasn't much help.
A casein shake, just some.
Supps, with new bonus supp!!

Rating:British car theft victims have been told they must pay the police at least Ł105 if they want them to actually check it for evidence. In theory, the charge is for storage after it is found, but only those who pay it are assured the police will dust it for fingerprints or check for DNA or other evidence.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:32 AM   #69
Allen Yeh

June 13, 2007

Site installations again so my first meal was around 12:30 pm

Old Ebitts Grill in DC across from the Treasury
Some calamari
Parmesean crusted trout + green beans and grilled potato's

Rating: Excellent, wish I had the $$ to opt for the raw bar but at $22 for a dozen oysters by the time I'd be sated I think I'd have spent the rest of the months grocery money!
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #70
John Alston

Default 6/14

Two eggs, fried.
Some leftover chicken hearts in a tomato - veggie stew.
A apple, a gala. A scoop of peanut butter, the usual supps...

Rating:Iran's Supreme Court has freed a group of men charged in a series of killings in the city of Kerman. The men confessed to stoning some of their victims to death, suffocating others and burying one person alive. But the court accepted the men's defense that Islamic law allowed them to kill those engaged in illicit behavior. Among the victims was a married couple the men wrongly believed were having sex outside of marriage.