Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Flexibility, Training Preparation & Recovery

Old 05-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
Neal Winkler

Default Neck Injury

Last Wed. at BJJ I tweaked my neck from people trying neck cranks on me. It started to hurt while I was at BJJ then when I woke up on Thursday it was extrememely sore along the left side. My shoulders were also screwed up because the right one was shifted forward (or the left back?) and the left was lower than the right. On friday it healed some, then on saturday I woke up and it healed a little more. But then when I was walking down the stairs on saturday morning I slipped an fell on my butt, which made my head jerk forward and hurt my neck all over again. Now it's thursday and my neck is still in some pain down the left side and my left shoulder is still drooping a little lower than the right.
Neal Winkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:07 AM   #2
Elliot Royce

A good massage therapist or ART practitioner could help. In any event, they are not costly and the former can be pleasant.
Elliot Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
Robb Wolf

Neal-
One word...TAP!! Neck cranks are nasty. Not difficult to sustain a fracture and or ruptured disk. If you are in the final moments of the Mundials...hang in there but keep in midn that your body needs to last a LONG time (hopefully).

If you have a Chiro, or ART person...that sounds good. Ice, ROM as tolerated.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote