Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 05-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Stuart Mather

Default Question for Robb

Robb, a while ago you mentioned a paper by Seyfried you had read recently which investigated the neurodegenerative downside of the mitochondrial uncoupling which allows some people to be 'naturally thin' despite calorific excess.

I suggested this possibility (ie. as you termed it: naturally thin folks aren't getting a free ride) in a discussion on another low carb forum, and I've basically been asked to put up or shut up . You wouldn't be able to link to the study would you ?

Also, is the 'futile cycling' Mike Eades talks about as a way of mitochondria using up excess calories without storing, metabolizing, or excreting them the same as 'mitochondrial protein uncoupling' ?

Stuart.
Stuart Mather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
Robb Wolf

Hey Stuart!
I'm working on a book and am BURIED in papers and references...I will dig it up but it may take me a day or two.

In the mean time pleas medline search for dr. Seyfrieds papers...many are available free in PDF form...you may track it down first!

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
Stuart Mather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Wolf View Post
Hey Stuart!
I'm working on a book and am BURIED in papers and references...I will dig it up but it may take me a day or two.

In the mean time pleas medline search for dr. Seyfrieds papers...many are available free in PDF form...you may track it down first!
Thanks Robb. I did google Seyfried, but he's so prolifically published I had no idea where to start. I'll try the medline approach.... (trying to sound confident that I have a clue how to )

Stuart.
Stuart Mather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
Robb Wolf

Hey Amigo!
I've been digging through my papers and still have not found it...at any one time I am bouncing between ~45 papers at the moment and I just cant figure out what paper that reference came from...I will track it down eventually.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
Pierre Auge

Way to go Robb! What use are you?

Book EH? Hmmmmmm fascinating - keep that up!

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
Greg Battaglia

Robb-
If you don't mind me asking, what might the topic of that book be? Anything related to PM/CF stuff?
Greg Battaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #7
Neal Winkler

I think it's about how to pick up chicks. These internet gurus will put out anything nowadays...
Neal Winkler is offline   Reply With Quote