Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Old 06-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
Paul Kayley

Default Breakfast ideas

I am looking for some inspiration to create a more interesting and tasty breakfast.

Its the one meal of the day which seems to be the easiest to keep the same. I have read advice previously that breakfast should be automated! Eat the same simple breakfast every day. I can do that but I'd like to find a healthy alternative.

I currently eat rolled oats cold with skimmed milk. I intend to start using soya milk as dairy milk has a really high insulin index rating. Is there a better alternative to soya milk?

Also, this meal is pretty bland... how could I improve its taste? Its also low in protein.

Does anyone see anything wrong with blending a good strong coffee and just waiting until lunch for food?
Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Garrett Smith

Very few folks doing IF sees anything wrong with a coffee breakfast and eating later (sometimes MUCH later)...

I personally do this three days a week, working out on only coffee, then not eating until somewhere between 3-7pm...

My breakfasts on feed days are totally automated, 2 different shakes in the morning before I leave for work (I don't work out on feed days typically).

Last edited by Garrett Smith : 06-14-2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Overgeneralization is baaad....mmmmkay?
Garrett Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Brian Shanks

I do the coffee breakfast 3 days a week as well.
Don't know if I could do it everyday though, because I love my 3 eggs for breakfast.
Have you thought about a fruit smoothie type of shake in the morning?
You can throw some protein in it if you like.
My shake is a green tea liquid base in which I had spinach, a banana, and the rest is usually berries. I will put pineapple or mango in it on different days to give it a little variety but the main core of tea, spinach, banana, blueberries, and strawberries is always the same. You can even make enough for multiple days and just put what you don't drink in the freezer and then thaw out and drink.

Bry
Brian Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
Scott Kustes

There's a whole thread on Breakfast. I would avoid the soy milk....soy is bad stuff in general and soy milk is really soy juice. My breakfast on feed days is usually 4 eggs, sunny side up, with sauteed onion and some herbs/spices (lately it's been fresh basil and/or garlic), some cucumber, maybe a bit of fruit, and some sardines.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
Mike ODonnell

Soy=man boobs...and elevated risks for cancers

Typically I do the IF coffee and half/half.....keeps me going till 1pm. I don't miss breakfast...but have known to have eggs for dinner as well.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #6
John Alston

http://performancemenu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033

Dude! Get on the program!