Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 07-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Ale Dileo

Default Another IF Beginner

Hi everyone, i'm a new member on this forum, but i read it every day since i started with IF ( march)... thank you all for your good advices, .. really great forum.
I'm IFing everyday on a Fast-five style, my eating window is from 6 pm to 8 pm and at 9 pm i go to bed (i wake up at 4 am), in the fast period i have only water and coffee and usually train at 2 pm with no pre or post WO meal.
Next week i'll go to the hospital for blood analisys at 9 am. I'm asking if 12 hours from the evening feast are enough.
Ale Dileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale Dileo View Post
I'm IFing everyday on a Fast-five style, my eating window is from 6 pm to 8 pm and at 9 pm i go to bed (i wake up at 4 am), in the fast period i have only water and coffee and usually train at 2 pm with no pre or post WO meal.
Just curious...how do you do the fast 5 if your eating window is only 2 hours? (aka not 5 hours...like the name says?) Not that there are any set rules for all this...just make sure it doesnt turn into too low a calorie diet which may cause muscle loss, immune depression, excess cortisol, and all that fun stuff.....also depending on how long your workouts are (less than 45min or hours) Pre or post amino acid supplementation may give you enhanced muscle saving and recovery....just a thought....usually after a workout your cortisol will rise...and having some sort of food will always help to reverse the levels and damaging effects of it....
Old 07-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
Greg Battaglia

Ale, I think 12 hours should be fine, although 14-15 hours would probably be best just to be certain that the results are accurate. Also, to testify to what Mike said, definitely increase your eating window unless you have some serious amounts of weight to lose. Although you may feel fine on this 2 hour feeding regimen initially, it will eventually catch up to you and your health will be drastically hindered. Take it from me, I've been there before. I think the fast 5 approach is great as long as you stick with Paleo food choices with an emphasis on healthy fats, greens, and some clean protein supplemented in. keep a 5-6 hours window for eating. Good luck with your test results, I'm sure they will be favorable.
Greg Battaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:05 AM   #4
Ale Dileo

Thanks for the replies ... For “fast five style “ i'm meaning that no foods are allowed in the fasting period. Unfortunately my eating window can't be longer, due to my job ... however i'm able to eat my 2200 kcal from healty foods in two hours ... i'll consider to take some bcaa after WO.
Excuse me for my english but i'm posting from Italy ...

P.S. Blood analisys are only a programmed check-up ... actually i'm feeling good like ever.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
Robb Wolf

Benvenuti! Nicki mi insegna Italiano. Ci dice come va!

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #6
Ale Dileo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Wolf View Post
Benvenuti! Nicki mi insegna Italiano. Ci dice come va!
WOW! It' s better than my english, of course!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:11 AM   #7
Robb Wolf

Thanks! She is a damn good instructor. We want to get to Italy next year. Where do you live?

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #8
Ale Dileo

i live in the center of Italy, towards the east coast near the Adriatic sea .. do you know Pescara ... or Ancona ? If you came here in Italy get ready to spend a vacation full of cheat meals (but healthy foods of course).. i'll give you some good advices.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #9
Allen Yeh

I'll take some advice, I'm supposed to be in Naples in August for work.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #10
Stuart Mather

[quote=Ale Dileo;16519] Unfortunately my eating window can't be longer, due to my job ... however i'm able to eat my 2200 QUOTE]

G'day Ale. Just curious. What job do you do that only allows you two hours to eat? And just to confirm, you've been doing this IF approach every day since March?.

Stuart.
Stuart Mather is offline   Reply With Quote