Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Other

Old 07-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
Derek Simonds

Default August 11th Orlando FL

Man the weekend of August 11th is absolutely loaded with stuff to do here in Orlando. I have to make a decision what I am doing from 3 really good choices.

1) Race in the Deland Triathlon which is a now a sprint distance on a mountain bike.

2) Blauer Tactical Systems ANNUAL SPEAR SYSTEM & PDR COMBATIVES CAMP. Where I would get to meet Jesse Woody (Definite Bonus)

3) Olympic Lifting seminar at Crossfit Evolution with Regional USAW Weightlifting Coach Daniel Camargo

I haven't figured out how to clone myself or that is what I would do. The first 2 are what I am really having a hard time deciding between. I have been training for the tri or I would blow it off. I love that course and the race but on the other hand how often does Blauer Tactical do a seminar in Orlando with all the supporting people (Jesse Woody, Greg Amundson and the like).

I wonder if I could race and then come to the seminar after the race was over. I would probably be a couple of hours late. At least I can't complain that there is nothing to do.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Greg Everett
Administrator

i would do the blauer gig. totally legit. you can come out here for the oly clinic instead!

"Without a doubt the best book on the market about Olympic-style weightlifting." - Mike Burgener, USAW Senior International Coach

American Weightlifting: The Documentary
Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal
Greg Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
Derek Simonds

I am doing everything I can to be there for your O-lift seminar. In fact I am trying to schedule my week so I can get a training session in with you on Wednesday or Thursday next week. I will keep you posted.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
Robb Wolf

I'd go with the Blauer event also...he is a total stud and Jesse is JESSE F*%$#ing WOODY!

Nuff said.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
Jesse Woody

Default aw shucks...

whoa whoa....how did I miss this? My ego-increase detector is usually great at picking up on these threads and then posting up with something profound like "pshaw!"

Thanks for the kind words...now I have to train hard enough to live up to my apparent reputation before you guys come out for the seminar
Jesse Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
Derek Simonds

Jesse it was with deep sorrow I wasn't able to bask in your increased ego. Unfortunately the broken arm thingy kind of limits direct tactical training. I have even had to cut out my BJJ.

I am coming to the Oct seminar at your place so I look forward to basking in Jesse than.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
Jesse Woody

Awesome man! We'll be looking forward to having you guys here!
Jesse Woody is offline   Reply With Quote