Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Nutrition Logs

Old 07-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
Tony Ferous

Default Burger King Dinner!

I had some veg and fruit around in my work's fridge but needed some protein. Bored of canned fish i bought a Burger king grilled double whopper and just ate the 2 burgers.
I guess all of the protein and most of the fat will be in the burger, not too worried about that, but theres so much sodium!! Oddly it didnt really taste very fatty.

Average Quantity per Serving
Energy 3780kJ
Protein 48.9g
Fat, total 58.0g
- Saturated 20.2g
Carbohydrate 46.1g
Sugars 11.6g
Sodium 1010mg

INGREDIENTS
Beef Patty (45%) (100% Beef), and...

I avoided all of this crapola:

Hamburger Bun (Wheat Flour, Water, Sugar, Bakers Yeast, Canola Oil, Gluten, Salt, Sesame Seeds, Soy Flour, Emulsifiers (481, 471), Preservative (282), Vitamin (Thiamin)), Tomato, Mayonnaise (Soybean Oil, Egg Yolks, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Corn Syrup, Sugar, Salt, Mustard Flour, Tocopherol), Lettuce, Dill Pickles (Cucumbers, Salt, Mineral Salt (509) (65%)), Water, Food Acid (Acetic Acid), Preservative (211), Spice Extracts), Ketchup (Concentrated Tomatoes, Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Spice Extracts), Onion.
Tony Ferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
Jonathan Reik

Default It's better than you think!

If you go to the BK website, you can customize your food, i.e. see what the nutrition value of just two patties from a double whopper is:

The verdict:

470 calories (which is about 1966 kJ, by my calculations)
Protein: 39g
Fat, total 35g (assuming you wiped off all the mayo)
- Saturated 16g
Carbohydrate 0g
Sugars 0g
Sodium 140mg

So you got rid of half the calories, all the carbs, 85% of the sodium, and you still got 80+% of the protein... it's sweet! Now if only they would give it to you for half price since you're only having half the original contraption...

You can do the same thing on the cheap at McDonald's with double hamburgers. If you got, say, two double hamburgers, you get nearly the same amount of meat as a double quarter pounder for almost 40% less $$. And if you ask for the burgers sans buns, they'll throw in a free lettuce leaf and put them in a special salad container with a fork and knife... er, so I've heard. My uh, friend told me that's what he does when he needs quick protein on the road. I mean, it's not grassfed organic buffalo, but it's better than the regular burger and fries...
Jonathan Reik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
Frank Needham

Or, you could skip all that and go to In 'n Out and they'll give you however many patties you like in what they call protein style, no bun, with whatever else you want and wrapped in lettuce. Pretty tasty too!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
Tony Ferous

Great, thanks!
I admit i ate the gurkins, which is probably where all the sodium was hiding!
Tony Ferous is offline   Reply With Quote