OHS 95# x 5
SN Balance: 20kg x 3 x 3

Squat:

175 x 5 x 3

Press:

100 x 5 x 3

Pwr. Clean:

50kg x 3 x 5

Everything felt strong and fine just very tired today. I worked 10 hours and did not get a single meal in, actually I still have not eaten a thing yet so I need to get right to work on that.

I have just been under loads of stress the past few months especially this month between school and work and personal life. No doubt that was the major contributer to getting sick and dropping weight as my appetite dies when that happens.

Im taking a lot of steps towards controlling the stress and working towards personal happiness, it's a day by day challenge but it I need to really focus on it to prevent any more stress and depression.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #162
Kevin Perry

11/28

WU: Situps 2 x 12, Pushups 25, SN Balance 20kg 3 x 3

Squat: 185 x 5 x 3

Bench: 150 x 5 x 3

Deadlift: 235 x 5 x 1

Another good workout. I can feel my strength getting back quickly especially with my appetite coming back. My weight is getting back up as well, I think 160 is more than possible.

This is how im going to keep my workout. Not going to add anything else unless it is a couple sets or two in the warm-up. Recovery and Sleep are very good right now, amount of food is good right now and no doubt changing my complete outlook in things has had a major positive affect on everything else.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #163
Kevin Perry

12/1

WU: Situps 2 x 12, Pushups 25, SN Balance 20kg x 3 x 3

Squat: 195 x 5 x 3

Press: 105 x 5 x 3

Pwr. Clean: 115 x 3 x 5

Chins: 15, 10, 8

Wasn't to bad today although I almost lost my balance a few times during the squats and the SN balance, I think that was because I worked out early today right after I woke up and my body wasn't fully prepped yet.

Almost back up to 150lbs. This week may be a bit tricky in getting calories in because tomorrow I am getting the last 2 wisdom teeth pulled that have been causing some pain so I can't eat anything after midnight tonight and tomorrow i'll be under the meds so I just got to bear with it.

Power cleans are improving a lot form wise. The pulls are becoming much easier and I can really feel that shit in my traps the next day. Personal life wise everything is going great and stress free, sleep is great, Im feeling a lot happier and better.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:48 AM   #164
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post
Personal life wise everything is going great and stress free, sleep is great, Im feeling a lot happier and better.
Good to hear.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #165
Kevin Perry

Alright just some thoughts for today.

Had the last two wisdom teeth pulled today and so far I'm doing great. Have gotten tons of sleep today and have eaten lots of mashed potatoes, milk, applesauce, about to get into the ice cream etc.

Not sure how tomorrow is going to work though with getting my workout in I'll just have to go with the flow. I have a major exam tomorrow and through next week and then only about 4 months till I get my certification and can start doing other things. Which brings me to my thoughts for today.

I was thinking up some New Years Resolution ideas and one that is going to take a priority is making as many trips as I can to all the different CF affiliates out here and taking time to make it to seminars and other certs in CF, CA, etc. in order to make me a better well rounded trainer. I want to make next year a big learning adventure and learn the tricks of the trade, experience, what's worked and hasn't worked from as many highly experienced trainers out there.

Taking regular relaxation trips is going to be a priority as well, I've simply stressed myself to much over the past few years and the health affects were pretty costly this year. Learning more about happiness and simplifying life has really made an impact on improving myself, something I plan to continue.

So far that was on my mind and I'm pretty excited about it.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:10 AM   #166
Allen Yeh

Something I read today from Eric Cressey as I was wondering if I should workout or not:

Quote:
"On a scale of 0-10, how bad do you feel? If it's a 10, you should be emailing me from the hospital. Consider this, and then scroll down to the bottom of this email..."

"If it's 0-3, you're fine.
If it's 4-5, go in, warm-up, and then see how you feel.
If it's 6, just go in and do something, even if it's just a warm-up.
If it's 7, push things back a day.
If it's 8-9, take a few days to rest.
If it's 10, you shouldn't feel good enough to check emails."
Old 12-03-2008, 08:12 AM   #167
Allen Yeh

That sounds like an awesome New Years Resolution. I vote for Greg or Coach Burgeners certs, Ripp's certs as things that should go to the top of the list!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #168
Kevin Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Yeh View Post
That sounds like an awesome New Years Resolution. I vote for Greg or Coach Burgeners certs, Ripp's certs as things that should go to the top of the list!
Definitely need to make one of Greg's certs.

12/3

WU: Situps 2 x 12, Pushups 25, SN Balance 65# x 3 x 3

Squat: 205 x 5 x 3

Bench: 155 x 5 x 3

Deadlift: 245 x 5 x 1

I must be doing something right, I feel strong at each workout compared to before and each workout is taking no more than 45 min compared to an hour+ from before. Despite having the wisdom teeth removed yesterday I've still managed to get plenty of calories in, I have not counted but I estimate around 3000 - 3500, working on bumping that up to 4000.

Today has been another easy day, passed my tests today and have felt absolutely great. No doubt that has a major impact on the workouts as well.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #169
Kevin Perry

12/5

WU: Situps 12 x 2, Pushups 25, SN Balance 65 x 3 x 3

Squat: 215 x 5 x 3

Press: 110 x 5 x 3

Power Cleans: 120 x 3 x 5

Not a bad day today, squats felt a little heavier than before but then again my caloric intake for today was relatively lower than I wanted it to be. I napped about 3 hours midday which was nice. The cleans felt very easy which Im happy about. Weight is at 151.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #170
Kevin Perry

12/8

Today was a very tiring day. Just really had no energy and that had to do with really a complete lack of food between today and yesterday. Yesterday because I worked all day and did not get a lunch and today because I spent half the day at school and the other half I just have not been hungry.

Still worked out today but could not do a strength day much less anything else so I just did whatever.

Squat: 185 x 3 x 10

Bench: 135 x 1 x 10, 7

Dips: 25# x 8 , 6

SLDL: 135 x 2 x 10

That was it.

I've been monitoring my caloric intake and taking note of how I have been feeling and there obviously needs to be some changes made. I need to increase protein and decrease carbohydrates and experiment with the fat. I need to stop the milk intake and focus more on food quality which brings me to an area I will be focusing on from now on... Health, longevity, performance and diet as my main motivators.

I spoke a lot with Dutch on this subject and he gave some great advice. Anyways, performance and diet kind of goes hand in hand with how I'm reevaluating my fitness goals. I'm starting to move away from focusing on how much I should weight and lift to focusing instead on how I want to feel, look, and perform. This seems to be one of the tricks that has gotten my mind off the weight obsession lately which is very liberating.

I will be focusing more on a healthy diet and continue with more strength work for the rest of the month though.