Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 01-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #181
Kevin Perry

1/2

Squat: 185 x 5 x 3

Press: 85 x 5 x 3

Deadlift: 205 x 5 x 1

Pretty good, deadlift felt off due to my back position but positioning on this lift has always been hard for me.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #182
Kevin Perry

1/5

Squat: 195 x 5 x 3

Bench: 140 x 5 x 3

Cleans: 100 x 3 x 5

Chins: 12, 8

Another pretty good workout although the past week i've been sluggish from lots of parties and drinking but since the new years over things will settle down.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #183
Kevin Perry

1/7

Squat: 205 x 5 x 3

Press: 90 x 5 x 3

Deadlift: 215 x 5 x 1

Crunchs: 25 x 12 x 2

Squats felt really heavy today which threw me off a bit. I've been eating a lot and getting a gallon each day easy but it just felt real heavy though sleep may be the issue, I have not been sleeping well.

I have everything planned out for the next 8- 12 weeks and know exactly what to add and subtract if progress slows or if a specific exercise just stops working. I have been gaining weight but I think i'll hold off on posting that till this is finished.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #184
Kevin Perry

1/9

Squat: 210 x 5 x 3

Bench: 145 x 5 x 3

Cleans: 105 x 3 x 5

Hmm, today felt very heavy. I'm wondering if I am running into the same problem I ran into last time where I could barely lift a previous 10 RM. I'll keep watching and see what happens.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #185
Kevin Perry

1/12

Squat: 215 x 5 x 3

Press: 95 x 5 x 3

Deadlift: 225 x 5 x 1

Not too bad today but it still bothers me how heavy the squats and deads feel. They feel very very heavy compared to before. It just kind of bugs me that my strength left me just like that. I know food can't be the issue because I've been gaining weight and im carefully watching my sleep. Gotta see where this week leads but it will really bug me if I end up with less strength then before. Guess I kind of screwed up early with programming, eh.

Just got to work with it.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #186
Kevin Perry

I'm taking some additional time off. I'm just not feeling recovered and I have been exhausted this entire week.

Going to focus on getting quality sleep and probably get some foam rolling in. Some very light active recovery here and there as well.

I really hope I come back feeling normal and strong again.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #187
Kevin Perry

To add to yesterday's post. I believe I reached a state of overreaching. I'll err on the side of conservatism on this one rather than saying overtrained. Taking time off and completely relaxing (as best as I can anyways). I hope for a complete recovery to hit the weights again. I did consult a couple people on this before coming to the conclusion...

Activity wise I am pretty busy, I have been doing some renovating at home as I'm readying to move into my parents downstairs living quarters. It's pretty much a separate apartment basically.

So far I've torn out half the carpet. Still need to finish the rest of the carpet, clean and reseal the concrete, paint the walls, add new carpet (wish it could be hardwood floors), replace the bathroom counter and toilet, replace the bathroom mirror, install kitchenette, additional door, few other things. Fun stuff, I like home projects.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #188
Kevin Perry

Mon 1/19

Press:

45 x 8 x 2
65 x 8 x 2
75 x 8 x 2
85 x 6 x 2

RDL:

45 x 8 x 2
95 x 8 x 2
115 x 8 x 6

Squat:

45 x 6 x 2
95 x 6 x 2
115 x 6 x 2
135 x 6 x 2

So basically I'm working on getting my strength back up. I'm working with light weight and just going by feel on this one. I'm giving it about 4 - 6 weeks of light work. It felt good except for the RDL's which felt pretty heavy despite the very low weight.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #189
Kevin Perry

1/20

WU:

OHS: 3 x 10 w/bar
Chins: 3 x 10
Dips: 3 x 10
Situps: 3 x 12
Squats: 3 x 12
Good Mornings: 3 x 12 w/bar

SN Work

Power Snatch: 20kg x 5 x 2
SN Balance: 20kg x 5 x 2
Tall Muscle SN: 20kg x 3 x 3

C&J: 40kg x 3 x 5

Situps: 3 x 12 w/weight
Planks
Back Ext: 3 x 12

I worked on what I was able to handle today. I have not done any SN work in a while so I was pretty wobbly. The C&J actually got easier towards the end of the work sets.

I ordered Coach Sommer's book the other night, im feeling the need to work on some ring stuff and other gymnastics exercises. Should be fun.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #190
Chris H Laing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post
1/12

Not too bad today but it still bothers me how heavy the squats and deads feel. They feel very very heavy compared to before. It just kind of bugs me that my strength left me just like that. I know food can't be the issue because I've been gaining weight and im carefully watching my sleep.
Thats exactly what happened to me when I was on SS, and I was doing around the same weights as you. I'm still trying to figure out why it happened as well.

Also, sommer's book is great.