Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 03-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #241
Kevin Perry

originally planned to workout today but never got to it. Too tired, slept a bunch instead plus I had an eye exam this morning... need glasses heh. I did not feel real geat lifting yesterday as well so not sure what's up with this.

If anything, my body was signaling to sleep which i've got plenty of today so that's likely the reason.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #242
Kevin Perry

3-15

Another Shitty workout today.

Could not even squat 205 for 10 sets of 3 .

Tried doing some Snatches fell over each time. Shitty day, shitty week full of shitty workouts.

Most likely from all the stress this week.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #243
Kevin Perry

3-17

Another bad workout.

Unable to support much weight, couldn't snatch, fell backward on cleans with light weight, tried squating again but weight felt too heavy ( only 165lbs during wu wtf? ).

uhg my right bicep has been twitching non-stop for 30 min post "wo".

I have no idea what the fuck is going on with me and why I can't get anything done. This is really pissing me off.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #244
Derek Weaver

Sleep and eat and don't do anything for a few days. Sounds like you've got burnout of a couple varieties going on.

Rest up and be a bum for a while, then ease back into things.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #245
Kevin Perry

ok, sleep was so-so nutrition was so-so today but I did some work anyways.

Deadlift: 225 x 5 , 235 x 5, 245 x 5

RDL: 135 x 8, 145 x 8 , 155 x 6

I actually did about 20 L- pullups about 2 hours before the workout so my abs are feeling it.

Anyways, looks like I may have time to train with my friend soon seeing as I don't have a job anymore... have no excuse not to get big and ridiculously strong now.. hmm 180lbs sounds nice.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #246
Kevin Perry

3-21

Press: 105 x 5 , 110 x 5, 115 x 5

Shrugs: 135 x 8 x 3

Plank: 8 min w/ 2 min per side & 30 sec rest in between

Good little workout, threw in some additional upright rows and lat raises for a couple quick sets in and out of the gym in about 30 min.

I just need to take it easy and maybe work only one major lift per day 2 -3 days a week until the semester is done so I don't overtrain. Not much longer left anyways.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #247
Kevin Perry

3-24

Squat: 205 x 5, 210 x 5, 215 x 5

DB BP: 45 x 10, 50 x 8

Dips: 35 x 5 x 2, bw x 10 x 2

Leg Raises: 2 x 10

I didn't have a weight belt for the dips which made it hard holding the dumbbell with my feet.

I will be taking a few days rest because I will be at the CF Lvl 1 cert in Charlotte this weekend, I'll write about it when I get back.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #248
Kevin Perry

3-26

Weighted Chins: 25 x 8, 25 x 6, 20 x 8 , 15 x 10

Did an 8 min plank routine last night.

My friend is writing a program for me that will address all my issues with strength and size. I don't care about leaning out this summer, just getting stronger and bigger for the remainder of the year. This is nice having someone do the programming for me as I am bad at programming for myself as is very evident on this log.

Headed to Charlotte tomorrow, will bring my computer with me if there is wifi at the motel to keep this log updated with the cert which I am very excited about. LVL 1 cert this weekend... ACSM in April.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #249
Kevin Perry

Back from the LVL 1 cert. Will write about it later but some quick notes.

From my perspective it was definitely a worthwhile experience, I met a lot of great people, the Lvl 2 guys and gals were beasts, and overall it was enjoyable. Saturday was not great workout wise for me as again I bombed on fran and I could not even do pullups without jumping from the box... yet I knocked out several muscle ups today after not even doing a muscle up in what? a year? I can't figure that one out so im not going to bother thinking about it.

There were some interesting perspectives regarding strength building though, mostly it was in the form of resistance against the idea of SS and milk, or any other program designed to strength building or mass gain before doing CF. I was surprised about this a pretty great deal. I also managed to get some good insight on zone proportions combined with paleo food that I may experiment with in the future.

Just a quick breakdown of some things off the top of my head. Definitely has a good time and I am more focused on where to put some priorities now and how to achieve some of those things.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #250
George Mounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post
There were some interesting perspectives regarding strength building though, mostly it was in the form of resistance against the idea of SS and milk, or any other program designed to strength building or mass gain before doing CF. I was surprised about this a pretty great deal. I also managed to get some good insight on zone proportions combined with paleo food that I may experiment with in the future.
I find it funny considering all those "perspectives" are 180 from what CF was even just 2 years ago. It is not surprising in the direction many have taken in regards to how the definition of fitness has now become CrossFitness, and how it is now defined as the top of the pyramid as a sport (which according to Glassman was at the time the highest form of physical expression, not sure what they are teaching at the cert these days), rather than the rest of the pyramid which involves nutrition, weightlifting, gymnastics, metcon, etc.

They do love the Zone, of course I watched A Boz eat a huge burger and fries at the cert I went to.

Milk and SS will put muscle on just about anyone. I have two guys doing SS with milk and they are packing on the poundage as well as increasing strength dramatically. The resistance is probably from the fact that SS and milk will make you big and pack on fat and reduce your metcon ability. You can always get that later, not everyone is in a huge rush to compete at the CF games.
George Mounce is offline   Reply With Quote