Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #651
Kevin Perry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,670
Default

5/21

5 Rnds
400m row
100 jump rope

didn't time it. just did it. guess it was 15 minutes or so. I feel beat and I still have presses tonight, im taking it easy next week.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #652
Kevin Perry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,670
Default

5/21

Press: 45 x 2 x 8, 85 x 8, 115 x 5, 130 x 3, 145 x 5
DB Press: 50 x 3 x 10
Lat Raise: 20 x 3 x 10
F. Raise: 30 x 10, 8, 6

and thus ends a fairly shitty week although I end up a little leaner and still sit at 166.

Got UD 2.0 in the mail, read through it and got some cool little ideas that may be useful diet wise. I refuse to touch the training ideas in that book and glycogen depletion workouts do not interest me.

Based on how I felt this week I think I may be better served to increase carbs a little more and see how that goes and not fast on the weekends kind of use that to eat freely and reset the "system" on sunday or monday. Resting big time next week.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #653
Derek Weaver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post
5/21

Press: 45 x 2 x 8, 85 x 8, 115 x 5, 130 x 3, 145 x 5
DB Press: 50 x 3 x 10
Lat Raise: 20 x 3 x 10
F. Raise: 30 x 10, 8, 6

and thus ends a fairly shitty week although I end up a little leaner and still sit at 166.

Got UD 2.0 in the mail, read through it and got some cool little ideas that may be useful diet wise. I refuse to touch the training ideas in that book and glycogen depletion workouts do not interest me.

Based on how I felt this week I think I may be better served to increase carbs a little more and see how that goes and not fast on the weekends kind of use that to eat freely and reset the "system" on sunday or monday. Resting big time next week.
If you're not going to train as it suggests, don't do UD2.0. I'm not a huge fan of how Lyle presents stuff, but everything that is in there is for a reason. The bigger reason is that it just won't work very well.

If you do some metabolic conditioning stuff you'd be fine instead of following his recommendations for glycogen depletion. Each week do The filthy 50 or something like that, then do something similar, full body the next day and you're good.
__________________
Quote:
And if you don't think kettleball squat cleans are difficult, I say, step up to the med-ball
- CJ Kim
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:15 AM   #654
Kevin Perry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
If you're not going to train as it suggests, don't do UD2.0. I'm not a huge fan of how Lyle presents stuff, but everything that is in there is for a reason. The bigger reason is that it just won't work very well.

If you do some metabolic conditioning stuff you'd be fine instead of following his recommendations for glycogen depletion. Each week do The filthy 50 or something like that, then do something similar, full body the next day and you're good.
Yea I don't plan on doing the diet, I was just interested in reading the book and see how he presents some of his stuff. I made the comment on the training part because I thought it was pointless. A lot of stuff lyle rights is similar to how Martin rights his stuff and I base a lot of my diet tuning off Martin's stuff. In fact I think he has a book coming out later this year and it's gonna have stuff from Lyle and some other dudes.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #655
Kevin Perry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,670
Default

5/24

Starting to get back on track deloading

Press: 60 x 5, 75 x 5, 95 x 5, 85 x 2 x 10
Chins: 25 x 8, 8, 7, 15 x 7
DB Incline: 45 x 5 x 10

BB Curl: 60 x 12, 12, 12, 10
Pushdowns: 80 x 15, 15, 15, 12
(supersets w/1 min rest)

Side Raises: 45 x 4 x 15

Borrowed the super set from Allen's log

Awesome workout, easy and felt great for a good start to the deload week.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #656
Kevin Perry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,670
Default

5/25

Deadlift: 135 x 2 x 10, 155 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 5
One-Arm Deads: 135 x 5, 5, 5 (Right), 135 x 3, 5, 4 (left)
Squats: 135 x 3 x 10

DJ Complex E: 50 x 1 x 8, 65 x 2 x 8, 85 x 1 x 6
Subbed rows for behind the neck presses
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #657
Derek Weaver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post
5/25

Deadlift: 135 x 2 x 10, 155 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 5
One-Arm Deads: 135 x 5, 5, 5 (Right), 135 x 3, 5, 4 (left)
Squats: 135 x 3 x 10

DJ Complex E: 50 x 1 x 8, 65 x 2 x 8, 85 x 1 x 6
Subbed rows for behind the neck presses
Did you sub the rows for btn presses for shoulder comfort? Or just in the mood?
__________________
Quote:
And if you don't think kettleball squat cleans are difficult, I say, step up to the med-ball
- CJ Kim
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #658
Kevin Perry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,670
Default

shoulder comfort, It was too much discomfort with the 65# and I just went with the next thing I thought of without wasting too much time
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #659
Derek Weaver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post
shoulder comfort, It was too much discomfort with the 65# and I just went with the next thing I thought of without wasting too much time
Good call. I've been doing quite a few btn band pull aparts and presses with a broom stick. Interested to see how that affects my bar position in a squat. Haven't squatted in quite a while now.
__________________
Quote:
And if you don't think kettleball squat cleans are difficult, I say, step up to the med-ball
- CJ Kim
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #660
Kevin Perry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,670
Default

That's a good idea, I'm really slacking with shoulder flexibility work

5/27

Bench: 85 x 5, 105 x 5, 135 x 5
DB Bench: 45 x 5 x 10
Dips: 25 x 5 x 10
DB Rows: 65 x 35 + 5(R), 33 + 7 (L)

DB Curl: 25 x 12, 12, 11, 10, 8
Tri Ext: 60 x 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
(superset)

Ended w/ Jump Rope + Abs afterwards
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Subscribe to our Newsletter


Receive emails with training tips, news updates, events info, sale notifications and more.
ASK GREG

Submit your question to be answered by Greg Everett in the Performance Menu or on the website

Submit Your Question
WEIGHTLIFTING TEAM

Catalyst Athletics is a USA Weightlifting team of competitive Olympic-style weightlifters with multiple national team medals.

Read More
Olympic Weightlifting Book
Catalyst Athletics
Contact Us
About
Help
Newsletter
Products & Services
Gym
Store
Seminars
Weightlifting Team
Performance Menu
Magazine Home
Subscriber Login
Issues
Articles
Workouts
About the Program
Workout Archives
Exercise Demos
Text Only
Instructional Content
Exercise Demos
Video Gallery
Free Articles
Free Recipes
Resources
Recommended Books & DVDs
Olympic Weightlifting Guide
Discussion Forum
Weight Conversion Calculator