Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 11-09-2006, 03:15 PM   #11
Yael Grauer

I could work in the Paleo bookstore, making sure everyone has the appropriate books to complete their required reading assignments for Robb's mandatory Evolutionary Science classes. And I could get everyone signed in, check their gym bags to make sure they're not sneaking in any soy milk or anything and take their car keys away from them, like they do on those 10-day meditation retreats.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #12
Robb Wolf

Ok..., I'm sold. Let's do it. List of speakers:
1-Art Devany
2-Loren Cordain
3-Dr's Eades

California Wine country. Easy flight into SFO, limo ride to the retreat. Optional retreat in Baja.

Topics:
Food, Fun, fanny-kicking

Thoughts?

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:05 PM   #13
Jeremy Jones

I'll be the guy who temps everyone by walking around eating bad stuff and drinking beer.

This would be to teach them how to live with temptation.

(I can also teach some MA classes).
Old 11-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #14
Yael Grauer

You should be careful. This is Paleo boot camp!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:43 AM   #15
Scott Kustes

I can probably deliver food too....if I'm not too busy flipping the lights off at 8pm and flipping them back on at 7am. Don't forget, I also have to yell "Lights out!" and "Get your a$$es up!" Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:18 AM   #16
Ken Urakawa

Can I bang the garbage can lids together in the morning?
Ken Urakawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:47 AM   #17
Yael Grauer

Don't forget to turn all the lights off and light little candles by 7:00PM! I could find the best flights for all the guest speakers, and of course tape and transcribe all the lectures. I could also keep meticulous notes on everyone's progress, putting together little booklets with bar charts at the end of the month. I could also fill out detailed complaint forms which nobody would ever look at, which I do all the time at one of my jobs anyway. Oh!! And I could help build debris huts for people who decide they want to do Paleo boot camp very primitively. Kitchen staff is on their own for finding substitutes for store-bought fermented food.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #18
Scotty Hagnas

You know, I've actually been thinking about this for a while. My "mountaintop compound" and everyone always wanting me to fix food for them had got me to thinking.... I do think that this could be doable.

The other idea I have kicked around is a Paleo restaraunt in Portland. Maybe when I get the 30 hr day perfected.

Scotty Hagnas
CrossFit Portland
Scotty Hagnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #19
Yael Grauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Hagnas View Post
The other idea I have kicked around is a Paleo restaraunt in Portland. Maybe when I get the 30 hr day perfected.
That would be awesome!!! There is a local cafe opening here with wheat alternatives (maca flour scones with goji berries, mesquite flour scones with cacao nibs) and the owner said I could help develop almond flour recipes which I've been playing with all week, to try to make them my own... The cafe will have no soy, almost all the ingredients will be organic or wild, sweeteners will include only agave nectar and yacon (possibly honey) and there will be Butte Creek and Nimbus Brewery drinks! (No preservatives or additives from Nimbus...) She wants to have raw cheese and milk (instantly pasteurized at the steamer) but I don't think the Health department will let it fly...

Back to the Paleo boot camp idea, I was thinking a really good draw would be offering continuing education credits. They did that at a conference I went to and they had so many people signing up that they ran out of meal tickets! So it could be a three-pronged approach to appeal to different crowds--the weight loss crowd, diehard athletes and science geeks. Also if there are CE credits you can change the lecture topics slightly and get a return crowd year after year... They could stay in hotels if they don't want to go to bed at 8. Also I would love to see debates there, like Cordain versus McDougal or something. And then their followers would arrive by the hundreds and pay to watch the debate.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:32 AM   #20
Scott Kustes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Hagnas View Post
I've kicked this idea around for Louisville. Perhaps not totally Paleo as that is difficult to market, but mostly Paleo...no pasta, any bread would be non-gluten, etc. I've gone so far as to start on a menu, but I don't think I would want to work the kind of hours that restaurant owners work. Which is why I'm leaning more towards Paleo-ish packaged goods.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote