Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 10-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #1
Garrett Smith

Default Major and increasing cause of sickness--must read

This is a great article on the largest and most insidious threat to our health today--radiation/EMF poisoning. Click through the single newsletter sign-up popup to read, I'd highly suggest forwarding this to everyone you know. WFS link.

The Radiation Poisoning Of America

I'd suggest we all take this very seriously, especially those of us who do a whole bunch in pursuit of health and never seem to get there. A simple solution for many of my patients' joint and gut problems has been to simply stop wearing their cell phones on their person.

Don't say you were never warned or that there is no research.
Garrett Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Greg Battaglia

Interesting you should post this. I recently have been keeping my cell phone on the night stand next to my bed as an alarm clock to wake me for school. My sleep has been awful lately and I couldn't figure out why. I remember you saying something about removing all electronics from the room while sleep. I tried this (my cell phone was the only electronic in my room) and my sleep went back to normal. Pretty significant, I'd say.
There are dreams we’re taught are normal, whether it’s money or success or any of those things, but we shouldn’t believe in those things if they are not important to us. There is an ocean between our real lives and what is expected of us.” -Tim Lambesis
Greg Battaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
Mike ODonnell

The sad part is that even though we can try and do what we can (keep electrical clocks and phones away from the bed while we sleep)....but EMF is going to be something you can not control.....WIFi everywhere (homes, businesses, public/county wide, etc...you can not hide from it as it will be everywhere)...Cell towers and cell phones....TV....computers....Internet ready car systems....Bluetooth (is that even safe?) everything.....mine as well move to a mountain but you probably get good cell and wireless connection there as well. Not sure this is one battle that can be won unless of course you convince everyone to stop using Wireless communication devices and restructure the business dependancy and social impact of wireless devices....no shot in hell....as I type this from my laptop on my lap using WiFi connection....goodbye healthy sperm....
Old 10-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Troy Archie

hmmm, I've been having problems with my right hip the last while. I keep my mobile phone in my right pocket. I'm going to put it in my back pack and see what happens...
Old 10-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Garrett Smith

Good observation, Greg.

Phones that are on are constantly transmitting and receiving--not all the time, but in bursts. It affects all of us, some of us are more sensitive (I believe it is more that some are more open to the signals the body sends).

I just saw that the government can now turn cell phone microphones on remotely so that they can listen in on conversations--see http://www.news.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html for more. Have to remove the battery to stop that one.

Maybe that's why I like going to my parents' house so much--they have bad cell phone reception up there!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
Garrett Smith

I've personally had hip pain the day after wearing a cell phone in my pocket for about 6 hours. No cell phone, no hip pain. Maybe you'll be as lucky.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #7
Mike ODonnell

I personally like the "detachment" aspect of not carrying around a cell phone on my belt at all time....just leave it in my car....at home on a table....in my briefcase....let my voicemail say that I do not carry my phone with me so leave a message....everyone can be called back in my opinion plus it gets all the useless "Hey what's up" time killing conversations out as I have more important things to do.....even if that is doing nothing just so I can focus on my own personal goals.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
Kevin Perry

I never get a good nights rest but I always have my phone near me on the night stand as well as the laptop. I think I'll remove everythign and see how that affects my sleep. Maybe it can fix the issue.
Kevin Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #9
Scott Kustes

Re: Dr G's article about remote mic-activation.

Helloooooooo 1984! Just remember...if you're not doing anything wrong, it shouldn't matter to you.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #10
Steve Liberati

Just gotta have my cell phone (or do I?) and wireless internet connection. But the microwave in the kitchen?...well that is a whole different story. I would have toss that "thing" long ago (with the toaster) if it wasn't for my wife saving its life. Might surprise her one day as she comes home and suddenly sees all the extra counter space we have. ha!
100,000 generations of humans have been hunters and gatherers; 500 generations have been agriculturalists; ten have lived in the industrial age; and only one has been exposed to the world of computers.

Steve's Club
Crossfit Tribe
Steve Liberati is offline   Reply With Quote