Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 12-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
Heidi Anschultz

Old 12-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Greg Battaglia

When you say osteoblast you're referring to a type of cell that initiates osseous formation. It's not a hormone. I don't think anyone has the answer to your question. However, my best guess is that IF will not correct your issues.
There are dreams we’re taught are normal, whether it’s money or success or any of those things, but we shouldn’t believe in those things if they are not important to us. There is an ocean between our real lives and what is expected of us.” -Tim Lambesis
Greg Battaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Heidi Anschultz
This message has been deleted by Heidi Anschultz.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Garrett Smith

I would guess it unlikely that the cell salts would change much based on your age.

However, they are cheap to get and easy to take with no risk of side effects (unless you can't tolerate the lactose in the pills, a very small amount), so it can't really hurt to try them.
Garrett Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Heidi Anschultz
Old 12-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
Garrett Smith

Heidi,
Do I think it is plausible? Yes. Absolutely.

I'm a licensed naturopathic physician (Naturopathic Medical Doctor). If it makes you feel better, you can call me Dr. Smith. I have the ability to prescribe meds, perform minor surgery, give injections, diagnose...basically all the things that an MD can do except for the major drugs, major surgery, and pronouncing someone dead. Oh yes, if MDs want to prescribe homeopathics, they have to get extra training in many states (I don't). See here for the MD Board of Homeopathic Examiners in Arizona.

If you don't believe it, don't try it. Miracles happen all the time.

Realize that the facial structure, especially while developing, is very "pliable" and easily changed by environmental factors (note the facial changes mentioned in that article from poisoning with certain chemicals). Some find it easy to believe that negative effects can readily happen with ingested compounds, yet those same people often are incredulous that the correct medicine can fix related dysfunctions/malformations/etc.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Heidi Anschultz
Old 01-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Garrett Smith

Heidi,
To make a long story short, there is no risk that I know of with taking the cell salts, at all.

Quote:
My mom, who is a lab tech., is concerned I will alter my electrolyte balance in my body by taking cell salts. She had a kidney stone that was composed of calcium oxalate, which her body apparently rejects. It's most likely from a supplement she was taking.
Eating food alters the electrolyte balance in the body. So does sweating. The kidneys are very susceptible to toxicity. Depending on how long your mother has been a lab tech, I'd guess that area is the first place to look as the problem, as she probably deals with multiple chemicals on that list on a daily basis! Also, nightshade-induced calcinosis could be a contributing culprit, possibly combined with the "normal" practice of overdosing calcium these days. Way too many places to look to just blame it on one supplement!

Quote:
Then again, homeopathic sites indicate one cannot overdose on cell salts, so maybe my mom doesn't have any idea about the relevancy of cell salts in relationship to electrolyte balance. Perhaps sodium chloride will have a drastic effect on the electrolyte balance, but I'm not taking much of it except what is in the bioplasma I ordered.
Your assessment of your mother's (lack of) knowledge in this area is likely correct.

Quote:
I recently ordered Bioplasma and Calcium Phosphate 6X, which is what the article from the Weston Price foundation said was administered to the baby deer. When I get them, I'll start of taking a minimal dosage and then increase to twice a day.
Sounds fine to me. Realize that you are older than the deer in the article, so you'll likely need a longer treatment time. If facial changes are what you are trying to affect, I'd highly suggest you take some sort of repeatable picture, so that you can honestly assess if anything has happened later (the changes may occur so slowly as to be hard to notice over time). You'll also have some level of "proof" to show others, if you wish.

Quote:
What is the danger of taking too much of a cell salt, or a combination of the twelve cell salts, in detail?
I know of no dangers at all. If you find *any* evidence of any risks, please post them, I could not find anything on my web searches.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
Mohamed F. El-Hewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Anschultz View Post
My mom, who is a lab tech., is concerned I will alter my electrolyte balance in my body by taking cell salts. She had a kidney stone that was composed of calcium oxalate, which her body apparently rejects. It's most likely from a supplement she was taking.
I recently ordered Bioplasma and Calcium Phosphate 6X, which is what the article from the Weston Price foundation said was administered to the baby deer. When I get them, I'll start of taking a minimal dosage and then increase to twice a day.
What is the danger of taking too much of a cell salt, or a combination of the twelve cell salts, in detail?
Heidi,
I am trying to make sense of your non-sense. Your mom knows better than you do. You seem to have plenty of time on your hand with no purpose other than experimenting with your poor body and squandering your money.

What, in haven's sake, make you think that what works for deer would work on you?

The only availabe solution for jaw deformity is cosmetic surgery and orthodontics. Those are costly modalities but they benefit those who have money and need the service.
Mohamed F. El-Hewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #7
Garrett Smith

Dr. El-Hewie,
Your closed-mindedness to alternative modalities would likely be more appreciated somewhere else.

People on this forum are interested in exploring beyond conventional medicine, something you are obviously not open to.

Quote:
What, in haven's sake, make you think that what works for deer would work on you?
Or there is the converse to your statement, what makes you think that what works for deer would NOT work for a person? Obviously you have some information that the rest of us don't, or maybe you're just a cynic.

In that simple quote, you demonstrate your ignorance of how most medical science is done these days. Experiment on animals, observe, then move to people. Just because cell salts aren't made by pharmaceutical conglomerates does not mean they are not valid. Nor have you likely had any education in homeopathy, a valid enough modality that there is a Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States (HPUS) and Homeopathic medical boards (as I linked in an above post). I've had a board-accredited medical education in homeopathy as a treatment modality, so I feel qualified to give an opinion.

Heidi obviously went looking for the information she presented here. I'll tell you that there is no risk in her taking a (likely) 7X preparation of various mineral salts. The cost of these cell salts, over several years worth of dosing, might cost $200 as a high estimate. So, no risk, very little cost, with a possibility of improvement. Heck of a lot better than surgery to one's head. If you don't know what 7X means, see here. A 7X homeopathic preparation would also be known in conventional chemistry as a 10(-7) molar strength solution.

Homeopathy done correctly works.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
John Alston

Oh come on Garrett, El-Hewie might not mince words, but he's perfectly right to question the applicability of a unproven deer based treatment to humans.
Deer: herbivorous, grow antlers, and lick salt out of need... just some things different about the way they ingest and process food and minerals that might lead one be skeptical in promoting a treatment that worked for the developing young to much more fully developed adult human.

El-Hewie, as a skeptic of "alternative modalites," is supporting a legitmate position. Just because it's conflicting with your (Garrett) personal POV and interests doesn't mean it's not welcome. I welcome it, and tend to agree with him in this case.
Heidi, I'm wondering why you'd want to play with mineral salts like that when you already have a familial history of stones.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #9
Garrett Smith

John,
It's the dismissing it out-of-hand that I don't like. Skeptical isn't the word for his reply/opinions of my type of medicine, cynical is. People extrapolate rat studies all the time. I'd guess it would be hard to find a bunch of human babies with skull deformities to do a full-blown cell salt study on, so hard evidence (which the mainstream doesn't believe anyway when it involves serial dilution aka homeopathy) is likely not coming.

John, I don't know if you read the link in my post, a 7X cell salt is a 1 part mineral salt to 10000000 parts water dilution (or if you'd rather, a 0.1 ppm solution, put into small sublingual doses). I totally understand those who disbelieve it can have a positive effect, what I'm incredulous of is how people are concerned it is going to have a *terrible* effect.

Basically, I refuse to waste my time refuting every time El-Hewie chooses to open his mouth on subjects that he isn't educated in. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, Mohamed, it's because I am.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #10
Mohamed F. El-Hewie

I do not take Garrett's constant rebuttals as insults. I rather have someone who criticizes my approach than not. Though, I might resent Garrett's constant misunderstanding of my views.

I never criticized homeopathic medicine. In Heidi's case, the issue of maxillary deformities is well studied in the surgical literature. Furthermore, bone deformation does not respond to medication, with the exception of rickets and some cases of osteomalacia.

On the deer issue, I would say this: the phase of drug development, which entails experimentation on animals, is conducted by highly specialized experts. Once the animal model is assessed, controlled studies are done on human volunteers. Heidi is not an expert in pharmaceutical research, as far as I perceive.

http://www.performancemenu.com/forum...1&d=1199403633
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before after cell salt.jpg (45.3 KB, 14 views)
Mohamed F. El-Hewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Heidi Anschultz