Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 04-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #11
Mike ODonnell

I was just wondering...how much money has Tnation made off this thread?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #12
Cal Jones

None! I got my supplements from a company in the UK called Elite Supplements.
And not yet, Alan...I forgot to pick up any flax but will do so this weekend. I haven't bought any fibre tablets either but so far I've not needed them...
Cal Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #13
Cal Jones

Just starting Day 4.

Day 3 was as before.
My abs were killing me from Tuesday's workout. Did some heavy benching followed by three sets of dips.
My throat felt scratchy.

This morning I have a full-on, painful sore throat. Surely I'm not getting yet another cold? I'm sick of this. Great timing what with my first ever 10K (race that is, I've run that distance enough times on my own) due on Sunday. Not good. Not good at all.
Will have to take a rest day.

Slept fine last night so will increase my Hot Rox dosage to 2x2.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:41 AM   #14
Cal Jones

My throat feels like sandpaper. I've stayed home from work and Sunday's 10K looks most unlikely.
However, I am down half an inch on my waist, hips and thigh (well, I have two legs...but only took the measurement from one). I don't know how much weight, if any, I have lost, but a loss in inches is always a good thing.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #15
Cal Jones

I've spent the last two days cooped up in my flat with this cold. It's a pretty bad one. Even now, on Sunday, my head is full of snot and I feel grotty. I won't be able to do the 10K run.

Still, I've stuck to my guns, or rather, my shakes. Though I am growing to loathe the taste of them, no other food has passed my lips for a week.
I've not weighed myself (the scale I used is at the gym and it seems unlikely I will head there today) but my waist is down to 27.5 and my hips to 39.5. There is a lot of work to do, however. It takes me an age to lose fat from below the belt and I don't think I'll ever be able to wear a bikini. But if I can fit comfortably into all my trousers and jeans, then I'll have achieved something.

I must admit I've not had as many shakes as I'm supposed to - on Friday I managed only two because of my sore throat, and yesterday I managed three. I will make more effort today.

There's a possibility I will see my boyfriend tomorrow - if so I'll use that opportunity to have my first solid meal in a week. I'm fantasising about broccoli and chicken. Anything savoury, in fact! The shakes are very unappetising and artificial and I feel I have to choke them down rather than enjoying them. It's really not the same as drinking the peanut butter shakes at Ed's Diner...

I am looking forward to getting back in the gym again but I can't hurry myself. With my poor immune system, I need to give it a good chance to recover before I push it again.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #16
Gittit Shwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Jones View Post
...I don't think I'll ever be able to wear a bikini.
I thought so too, but the V-diet solved that problem for me last October. I could hardly believe that was me in the mirror... Hang in there!
If you really think you have a problem there you could look into some yohimbine cream. Also, if you didn't already know, Poliquin's Biosignature Modulation has an interesting explanation (estrogen imbalance).
Old 04-28-2008, 01:28 AM   #17
Cal Jones

That's encouraging to hear, Gittit, but I'm a little more pessimistic. I have several contributing issues to deal with. First is my build. I'm a natural pear shape - it's only the fact I've been lifting weights for 20 years that has broadened my shoulders so that I look somewhat in proportion. Had I never entered a gym I'd resemble a bowling pin.

Second, which goes along with that, is that I'm genetically predisposed to cellulite. There, I said the "c" word! My mother had it (well, has it I guess...she's old now though) and I've had it since my teens. I'm approaching 41 now and the fact I am losing collagen, and have a sedentary job (and also like to play computer games which also involves a lot of sitting...) has made things worse. If I put my hand on my thigh and pull the skin up, the dimples disappear, so I suspect if I had a thigh and butt lift that would solve some of the problem. However, I'm not keen on the idea of invasive surgical procedures and if I'm going to get something lifted it'll be my face, which everyone sees, rather than my thighs, which only myself and my fella sees (and let's face it, by the time a man gets your clothes off, he's just grateful ).

I'll keep at it, anyway, and hope something can change. The main reason I started this was so that I could fit into my clothes, which were all too tight. If I can have them all fitting better in time for my holiday, that's the main thing.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 AM   #18
Cal Jones

Day 9.

My boyfriend did visit last night and we had a beef teriyaki stir fry with extra broccoli spears. It was delicious (and low cal!)
Back to shakes today, although I will have those teeny cans of tuna instead in the evenings.

I am still off work (will go back tomorrow) but did go to the gym just to get out of this flat because I'm sick of being cooped up in here. I did a very slow paced full body workout - weights within my range, and plenty of recovery time. My heart hammered pretty hard after each set so my body still knows it's sick, though it is better than it was.

My main reason for going, though, was to use the scales. I am very happy to report that I am down to 10 stone 9 (149lbs/67.9kg) - a loss of five pounds. Already I look better, but there is still much to do. Fortunately I don't have any cravings for rubbish food (yet!)
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 AM   #19
Cal Jones

Back at work for two days now. Last night's workout was a 400m walking lunch (treadmill, 1%). Thighs sore today!
Still sticking to the diet - running out of powder though. I'm surprised how fast I get through it. Need to run out and buy more quickly so may have to go with another brand as I'm not sure I can get this stuff delivered in time. We shall see.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #20
Allen Yeh

Good work!
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote