I sent a PM to Greg about this, but that was the wrong thing to do. Greg is a busy man. Maybe you, forum regulars, can help me out.
I'm planning out my training schedule, aiming for the State decathlon at the end of this year (exact date unknown) with the hope of qualifying for the Australian Champs. I need some help with the programming.
I've set out a spreadsheet. Really, I've just added what looked good, but I gives me something to work from.
What it shows:
- The schedule follows a cycle of three weeks long (two weeks hard, one week easy)
- I have training at the track (coaching) on Tuesday (PM) and Sunday (AM). Later in the year (not sure when) there will be coaching for hurdles on Thursday (PM)
- For the gym work (AM), CA WOD (week starts on Thursday rather than Monday) and ME/SS, in 3 weeks with the 3rd week being DE. I try to throw in gymnastics into my warmup, and between sets (eg. handstands, tumbling, PV-specific)
- The 12 ME/SS workouts for each cycle would go heavy 5, heavy 5, ME for 5, ME for 5, heavy 3... 1,..
- daily volume/effort is (from Wednesday): hard, hard, medium, 'easy' (PV), medium/hard, hard/medium, rest
- It might be too much volume. I can handle a fair bit of training volume but I never know when I'm overtraining until a strain something (or worse).
- Maybe I should just stick with doing the CA WOD the whole time instead?
What are your thoughts?