Originally Posted by Ari Kestler
1) Why do you do tabatas/metcon before ME?
2) Not sure if you changed the original schedule on page 1, but I would probably shoot for a CFT 1x a month...seems like you had it on avg 1/week. From my experience I feel like it's a great way to measure your progress but outside of that, I don't feel like it's particularly strong lifting day...what do you think?
3) How many days a week are you working out? I'm just trying to see what I might come up with, if I workout 5x a week I'll probably do 1 ME exercise, but if only 3x a week I might do ME lower and ME upper, something like (squat/DL/Clean rotation with Pull up/dip/HSPU rotation)...have you thought about anything like that?
I do five rounds of tabata before about half of my ME workouts. I look at it as part of my warmup. Usually (but not always) if my ME is lower body, I'll do an upper body tabata. Do you think I should do them after? I don't have a coherent reason to do it before. I usually do metcon on separate days. My schedule is somewhat whacky, not at all regular. To generalize, I will workout for up to 4 days in a row, and rest for up to 4 days in a row.
CFT once a month is a good idea. I did skip my last one due to a nagging ulnar nerve problem, which is holding up a lot of my work right now.
In June, I worked out 18 days and rested 12. July looks like it will be 20:11.
All in all, I'm slowing down until I can get this ulnar thing worked out.
2. no handstand - aggravates ulnar nerve
3. tabata squats benchmark checking - 98 in 2 minutes, down from my benchmark of 111. Ugh.
4. backsquat warmup
5. BS 5-5-5-3-3-3 (245-255
Rest between BS is about 4 minutes, and I spend that time doing some stretching for my ulnar nerve, as suggested by my chiro.