Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Fitness, Strength & CrossFit

Old 07-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #21
Robb Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Evans View Post
Whoa there! I don't care who said what or where...I mean Robb, come on man, how much could these mothers bench?
James-
I'm skinny on paleo-bench data. The "lil-Cave-dweller" bench sets were notoriously inaccurate anyway so I'd be suspicious of any numbers quoted.

Jacob-
It looks like a nearly done deal for sometime in Sept.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #22
John Seiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Wolf View Post
James-
I'm skinny on paleo-bench data. The "lil-Cave-dweller" bench sets were notoriously inaccurate anyway so I'd be suspicious of any numbers quoted.

Jacob-
It looks like a nearly done deal for sometime in Sept.
Of particular note are the cave drawings at Grenoble. The paleo-benchers had clearly developed the "shoe-box under the arms" walk long before the invention of the shoe!
John Seiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #23
Chris Tracy

I also attended the seminar in SF, it was money and time well spent! We covered a ton of information and it got my gears turning on a number of interrelated topics like the positive side of bioaccumulation, and convergent evolution.

Ya, it was a typical day near the Golden Gate and yes we had the usual smattering of people that asked stupid questions and took things off topic... it's to be expected.

My recommendation would be to print and provide an outline of the topics that will be covered so people would (JUST MAYBE) hold questions that might be answered later. Maybe have some reading material for people to prep so you can assume a base of knowledge to build on. Burpees or a good flogging for anyone that asks a question that's in the reading.
Chris Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #24
Nick Hanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Tracy View Post
I also attended the seminar in SF, it was money and time well spent! We covered a ton of information and it got my gears turning on a number of interrelated topics like the positive side of bioaccumulation, and convergent evolution.

Ya, it was a typical day near the Golden Gate and yes we had the usual smattering of people that asked stupid questions and took things off topic... it's to be expected.

My recommendation would be to print and provide an outline of the topics that will be covered so people would (JUST MAYBE) hold questions that might be answered later. Maybe have some reading material for people to prep so you can assume a base of knowledge to build on. Burpees or a good flogging for anyone that asks a question that's in the reading.
My thoughts exactly Chris. My thoughts exactly.
Nick Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #25
Robb Wolf

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will have an outline and synopsysis of the key points for the talk. I'm hammering on a resource page for my blog that will help with backgraound.

One thing though...it's RARE that someone is going to roll into the cert with your knowledge base Nick. If we get beyond "just do: Paleo or Zone or whatever"...there is significant base information that may take months or years of study for folks to fully get. None of that is really necessary for the practical implementation...but it becomes important to customize the program and be able to answer client questions.

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #26
Nick Hanson

Thanks Robb, I really appreciate that. Its funny, I hadn't thought of myself as a sort of food expert, but I have really latched onto that since starting crossfit. I figured everyone just kinda did all of this too.

Its actually been even more eye opening in the past day as Kelly asked all of the SFCFer's to post their nutrition for the day. I was amazed at what some people ate. Definitely not as good as I would have suspected.

Either way I loved the seminar and was even more happy to meet you and Nicki. Thanks again for all the effort in putting the seminar together.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #27
Nick Hanson

I guess the next question is, do I start consulting for people on their food. .