Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Nutrition Logs

Old 08-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #31
Frank Needham

No workout today. Coffee/cream, off to work. My IFs are better for 24 hour periods, I think. Energy level was better today but didn't work out either. Tomorrow will be a better test to see if energy level is constant since I will do squats, ring dips and presses for 5x5. A good solid workout should be the acid test. Still, I'm thinking I may switch my heavy workouts to weekends and leave two lighter ones for weekdays since school starts the 25th and many long days of work/school/study are on the horizon. There's only so much one can do over a long time frame without burnout setting in.

On the menu today: 3-4 oz pork, avocado, mixed nuts, cottage cheese, artichokes, strawberries and fish oil. About 1500 cals so far and I'm pretty stuffed. May eat more later, we'll see.

Oh yeah, got my blood test copy back today and everything looks normal. Will test again relatively soon to compare those results against these. Should be interesting to see what effect IF has on them.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Susie Rosenberg
This message has been deleted by Susie Rosenberg.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #32
Susie Rosenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Needham View Post
There, I've thrown down the gauntlet. Pshaw to your breakfast and avocado logs I say. Now, show me what you've got. What food, condiment, etc. is it exactly that you call delightful enough to wax poetic about?

Without question nor argument, at the top of my food list is something that makes me almost _____ when I taste it: PESTO SAUCE
Try Asian Pesto:

Try Asian Pesto Sauce, awesome on anything:

1 cup tightly packed cilantro
1/3 c. unsalted peanuts, pine nuts or macadamia nuts
1 small green chili, deseeded and coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
1 TB. Thai fish sauce
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. peanut oil

Combine everything but oil in a blender or food processor. Slowly add the oil and mix until you have a smooth paste.

This is wonderful on shrimp, fish, or chicken with stir-fried veggies.

Susie
Susie Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #33
Frank Needham

Today my IF lasted till I got home and I was clear headed, not lethargic at all in the afternoon though I was hungry at some times during the day. Not real bad though. This morning I got in a good solid workout before work, also road the bike for 15 minutes on break. So I'm becoming more convinced that 24 fasts are for me. I don't mind being hungry so much as having that lethargy that sets in in the afternoon.

Susie, that recipe looks great and I'll be sure to try it one of these days.

Menu: 14 oz blood rare new york steak, mixed greens, pesto, fish oil, cottage cheese, watermelon and artichoke hearts. Just over 2200 cals. I had to take a bit of breather midway through the steak and here it is in all its glory:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1420.JPG (54.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Frank Needham; 08-21-2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: added watermelon
Frank Needham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #34
Frank Needham

ugh, woke up at 3:30am and could not sleep again! Maybe I was a little dehydrated. At times I forget to drink water. Too bad we're not built to consume beer instead then I would never get dried out.

Anywho, coffee w/ cream, made it through work, came home and ate: steak, greens, mixed nuts, cottage cheese, artichokes, watermelon, pesto, fish oil, tortillas, goat milk and ice cream. Just over 2200 cals. Ought to be pretty charged up for weekend workouts after a good rest tonight. I'm wasted right now.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #35
Frank Needham

Nice wo today of deads, weighted pull ups and power cleans, fasted. Last deads were on this past Tuesday when I did 310 for 1RM. Since I'm switching my heavier workouts to weekends I went ahead and did deads again today and pulled a 325. Looks very possible to hit 2xBW soon.

Broke my fast at 20 hrs today. Had steak, greens w/ avocado salad dressing, mixed nuts, cottage cheese, artichokes, pasta, fish oil. Salad dressing I made from avocado, heavy cream, olive oil and a bit of water. Very tasty. I figure total cals at just over 2200 but am uncertain about the dressing.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #36
Frank Needham

Didn't fast today. Coffee & cream, PWO meal of bacon/eggs. Later food was broccoli/pesto, strawberries, cottage cheese, artichoke hearts, watermelon, fish oil and steak.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #37
Frank Needham

No workout, coffee/cream, went to work. Fasted until coming home and had pork tenderloin fried in lard, cottage cheese, broccoli, artichoke hearts, tortilla, mixed nuts, banana, watermelon. Just about 2200 cals. No recent weight change or change in waist measurement, still at 188 lbs.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #38
Frank Needham

Coffee w/ cream then PC & MU drills today, very light stuff and done fasted. Off to work, back home and the menu was steak, romaine w/ pesto and blue cheese, 5 scrambled eggs and fish oil. About 2200 kcals. Oh, I'm going to start tracking my carb intake daily. Today was 24.3 grams.

Also stopped by to resupply at Sam's. On the way out I'm thinking about the $41.52 I dropped on enough steak and salad for 4-5 days and smiled. I heard the other day beef prices are due to double in the next year? Gaze on this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1433.JPG (75.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #39
Frank Needham

Up at 4am, coffee w/cream, light wo and off to work. Broke fast at 10am with eggs/sausage. Later had steak, mixed greens, pesto, blue cheese, fish oil and 3 strips pepper bacon. About 2400 kcals & 20 grams carbs. Calories crept up over the last several days, especially in carbs and weight loss stalled. Will keep them to <25 grams and see what happens.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:25 AM   #40
Allen Yeh

The most weight loss when going low-carb always comes in the first week+ and then your body will become adapted. If your scale weight still doesn't budge for a few more days and your tape measurements stall as well then I'd think about changing something up. If your tape stuff is still ok and your workout stuff is still humming along, I wouldn't be super concerned with scale weight .
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote