Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Nutrition Logs

Old 08-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #41
Frank Needham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Yeh View Post
The most weight loss when going low-carb always comes in the first week+ and then your body will become adapted. If your scale weight still doesn't budge for a few more days and your tape measurements stall as well then I'd think about changing something up. If your tape stuff is still ok and your workout stuff is still humming along, I wouldn't be super concerned with scale weight .
This is the first time I've ever seriously tracked carbs and doing so has alerted me (finally you dummy) to how dramatic the effect is they have on rate of weight gain/loss. Immediately upon tracking them, and keeping them below 20 grams, my weight dropped to 186 from 188. Now, I know much of that is water but the lbs are still dropping at 1.25/week even taking the water into account. No problems so far losing muscle either so far as I can tell.

Up at 5am, coffee w/cream, deads/pullups/power cleans then off to work. Ate breakfast today of 4 hard boiled eggs, 4 strips bacon at work to see how my day would be affected more than anything else. I really wasn't hungry. Day went very smooth, energy level was very good, mentally sharp, all in all a great day. Came home and had steak, greens, pesto, blue cheese, fish oil, pc of bacon and more eggs. About 2150 cals, 19 grams carbs.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:33 PM   #42
Frank Needham

Up at 5am, coffee/cream, off to work, eggs/bacon for breakfast again, IF until we decided on the spur of the moment to eat at in n out, had 3 double double cheese burgers protein style. Went slightly overboard I think. Total cals today about 2400 and 33 grams carbs. Thanks to Gittit and Jay I'm now paying more attention to the dietary fiber shown on fitday.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #43
Frank Needham

Up at 5am, coffee/cream, squats/ring dips/presses, pwo bacon/eggs, work and study all day, off to Claimjumper's and had blue cheese salad appetizer, and seared ahi entree salad, both excellent. As near as I can figure total cals today 1700+ with 20 grams carbs.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #44
Frank Needham

Coffee/cream, deads/weighted pullups/power cleans, bacon/eggs, did a couple hours studying, shopped with the family. Fasted then dinner was steak, salad, blue cheese, pesto and fish oil. About 2600 cals, 20 grams carbs. Trying to pull deadlift prs regularly = being fried for a couple days after. Other lifts are getting better also so it appears strength is going up. Weight is still going down, somewhere in the 186 area now. This is all very good news to me.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:28 AM   #45
Frank Needham

Monday, still burnt from Sunday deads, no workout. I'm gonna leave the deadlift PR attempts alone for a couple months, can't afford to get ragged out with having "real" responsibilities to take care of. Sunday and Monday I ate "freely". By that I mean 3 meals each day. Monday's nutrition: Breakfast was coffee/cream, eggs/bacon, lunch was chicken breast w/romaine-blue cheese-pesto salad, dinner was pot roast & romaine w/ mayo & heavy whipping cream dressing. About 2650 cals, 20 grams carbs. Still a little loopy and tired today so no workout.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #46
Frank Needham

Tuesday: Coffe/cream, no workout. At 9:30am break at greens w/mayo-whipping cream dressing and chicken breast. Fasted till dinner and had pot roast, broccoli w/onions & pesto. About 2300 cals, 32 grams carbs.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 AM   #47
Frank Needham

Wednesday: Coffee/cream, squats/weighted ring dips/presses, light fast (30 minutes) WO. 9:30am break ate chicken breast/romaine/mayo/whipping cream/blue cheese salad. Faster till dinner & ate pan seared ahi tuna w/ romaine/mayo/whipping cream/mustard salad, four pcs bacon, fish oil. Right at 2500 cals, 16 grams carbs. Didn't sleep well Weds night. Weight dropped below 186 first time in last ten year period of time.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #48
Frank Needham

Thursday: Coffee/cream, PWO fried eggs, deads/weighted pullups/power cleans, lunch today of chicken salad/pesto, dinner was chicken salad w/ wasabi mayo & whipping cream dressing, 2 pcs bacon. Wasabi mayo from TJ's is excellent. 2750 cals, 15 grams carbs.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #49
Frank Needham

Friday: coffee/cream, eggs/sausage breakfast, chicken salad w/ pesto & bleu cheese for lunch, salad w/ mayo/whipping cream dressing, steak & fish oil for dinner. 2900 cals, 15 gr carbs.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #50
Gittit Shwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Needham View Post
Wednesday: ... Weight dropped below 186 first time in last ten year period of time.
Good going
Old 09-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Gittit Shwartz
This message has been deleted by Gittit Shwartz.