Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 12-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #1411
Derek Weaver

That's tough about the shoulder.

The walks are great though. I can break away for 30-60 minutes/day and I am way more relaxed than with lifting. I don't want to turn into a weak and skinny dork though, so some tweaking is still in order.

12/14/2011 Wednesday
Warmed up with the inchworm complex from Tony Gentilcore: http://www.tonygentilcore.com/blog/e...hworm-complex/
Coan Style Sumo DL 5 x 3 @ 185- light, easy, felt good. still working on making each rep and set up the same.
Dips and L-Chins 4 x 8 each
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #1412
Derek Weaver

12/19/2011 Mondaya
A) Coan style sumo dead for a bunch of light triples at 185. Took a couple sets of 5 conventional to see how it felt. (notes)
10 times through on the minute
B1) Chins x 4
B2) Band Pull Aparts x 4
B3) Dips x 4
Abz

Notes:
- Did an upper body circuit kind of like in the Tbag article from Monday.
- Spent the weekend in Reno with the fam for my Dad's 71st (!) birthday. I hadn't played for a while, but played (very) semi-professionally while in college. I learned to play at a young age (stud, draw games). Now, it's all hold 'em, which is the dunce's choice of poker. Either way, it's what they spread, and I like to sit around a table and be bored. Felt like Teddy KGB after a couple hours (in the beginning of Rounders, not the end). Played well in most hands except for one, which I lost big. In hindsight, I didn't play the hand well, but I could have actually played it worse, so I guess that's good.
- Going to try and pull light to medium 3-5x/week so I can get regular work along with the walks. Only takes 15-20 minutes, so if I plan it right, I can fit it often. Upper body stuff 2-3x/week.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #1413
Derek Simonds

Rounders, wow that brings me back a bit.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #1414
Derek Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post
Rounders, wow that brings me back a bit.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #1415
Derek Weaver

Did some stuff last week. Started to feel a lot better from a fatigue standpoint. Got hammered on Christmas Eve with some family friends. Wiped out yesterday but had a great Christmas.

12/26 Monday
6 rounds x 6 reps:
"Iron Cross GHR"
Lay Back Chins
Band Resisted Push ups

Notes:
- 50 minute walk earlier today.
- Feel good and starting to enjoy workouts again. Still tired from the weekend. Too many adult beverages, but well worth it with long time friends who are closer to us than most of our family.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #1416
Arien Malec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
- Feel good and starting to enjoy workouts again.
This is good!
Arien Malec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #1417
Derek Weaver

Thanks. I think I was definitely into over reaching and was flirting with over training. Tough to tell until a full crash comes, but I feel a lot better now. Joints feel pretty good too.

12/27/2011
50 minute walk, not sure of distance + 20 minutes with the geezer dog.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #1418
Derek Weaver

12/28/2011 Wednesday
Deadlift practice, messing with set up to make it more hip centric and less low back. Lots of reps and only went up to a smooth 225. Have to toy with this a bit more to see how things feel.

Iron Cross GHRs

Abs

Notes:
- This turned into a pull/hammie/light upper back thing today. Still a touch sore from Monday, so I took it easy. Could have pushed it, and probably should have, but I'm distracted a bit right now
Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 PM   #1419
Derek Weaver

12/29/2011 Thursday
50 minute walk, just shy of 4 miles.

Look for a super walk tomorrow of ~8 miles if I can fit the time + workout. We'll see.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #1420
Derek Weaver

I've been sick since 12/30. Got whatever this crupe is that's running around here.

Done a lot of stretching/MWOD and some body weight stuff. Not really feeling any better, but I'm not getting any worse.