Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 08-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #11
Achintya Rana

Quote:
Here are 10 reasons why I think you should get on the Anabolic Diet as well:

1. Bigger Muscles. The Anabolic Diet maximizes the production of your 3 muscle building hormones:

* Testosterone
* Growth Hormone
* Insulin

At the same time, these hormones decreases the muscle breaking activity in your body. The end result? Bigger muscles.

2. Less Fat. The more fat you give your body, the less fat it stores. On the Anabolic Diet, you’ll consume high amounts of fat.

* You’ll become a fat burning machine: fat will be used for energy
* No more fat pockets: you’ll get rid of the love handles, double chin, …

With the Anabolic Diet you’ll be at 10% body fat, year round.

3. More Strength. You’ll feel like an animal on the Anabolic Diet. Stronger than ever:

* Increased testosterone levels
* Bigger muscles means more strength
* Lower body fat equals increased lean body mass

The Anabolic Diet is for those who want to be strong, without looking like a fato.

4. Better Health. The Anabolic Diet includes a high consumption of meat, fats, veggies & fruit. Some health benefits include:

* Decreased cholesterol & triglyceride levels
* Decreased plaque buildup in arteries
* Controlled insulin levels
* Less food allergies, less acne

Perform a blood test before starting this diet. You’ll see the difference.

5. More Energy. Those who switch to the Anabolic Diet always report feeling more energized:

* Jumping out of bed in the morning, waking up full
* Better recovery from workouts & daily activities
* No more blood sugar crashes
* Less irritability, no more mood swings
* No more heaviness after eating
* And much more

Another advantage of increasing testosterone production & controlling insuline.

6. You Can Eat What You Want. With the Anabolic Diet, there’s not one food that you will have to give up.

* During the week: high amounts of meat, fat, veggies & fruit
* Weekend: as much carbs as you can handle

It’s not what you eat that counts, it’s when.

7. No Hunger. You’ll never feel hungry on the Anabolic Diet, even when cutting weight:

* Fat satiates
* Fat delays hunger
* You’ll be eating more calories than before
* You’ll need to remind yourself to eat most of the time

Feeling hungry is no fun. Enter the Anabolic Diet.

8. No More Bloating. The Anabolic Diet is a natural diuretic. During the first weeks, you’ll notice a loss of weight. Water. High carbs diets are linked to water retention. With the Anabolic Diet, you’ll no more have a bloated look. You’ll look better.

9. It’s Cheaper. You’ll cut expenses on the Anabolic Diet:

* No need to buy low fat meat: you need the fat
* No more whey: you’ll get plenty of protein from your diet
* No essential fatty acids supplementation

More money in your pocket, another benefit of the Anabolic Diet.

10. No More Junk Cravings. The longer you eat healthy, the more you’ll get adverse effects from eating junk food. Eating too much junk food in the weekend will make you want to reach the couch.

After a few months on the Anabolic Diet, you’ll say goodbye to the junk cravings forever.
From Stronglifts.com
Old 08-23-2008, 08:26 AM   #12
Frank Needham

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe waguespack View Post
The thing that attracted me to AD was how close it is to what I'm doing already with some minor tweaks. I'm mainly interested in what changes will come about from small tweaks. I basically only was eating carbs on training days and then eating to my hearts content on Saturday or Sunday. This will just be a little stricter (<30 g carbs) during the week with a more controlled madness on the weekend. Combined with IF and finding the right caloric balance, I'm pretty confident. I did Body Opus years ago and got flabby, smaller and weaker. I didn't have the experience I have now with eating, but it still wasn't a good experience. I have read many different experiences from people who are cutting/bulking and maintaining on AD. There is a HUGE (300+ post)thread on t-nation started by some powerlifters who have been doing AD for a while and swear by it for size/strength gain with minimal fat gain. I'm still reading the thread right now and if I can find it there is a really good explanation( I believe it was from Dr. Di Pasquale) about the shortcomings of BO and Duchaine's oversights when designing BO somewhere in there. I'll try and find that post , but the thread is huge and easy to get lost in. Here is the link if anyone wants to read it also. Good info by some seemingly knowledgeable athletes, no meathead BS. Definitely start at the beginning though, I think later in the thread is when the knuckle heads start chiming in.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...379&pageN o=0
Thats the same thread that was posted during a discussion about AD a ways back on CF. It was how I got interested in the AD originally. Some good info there on it.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #13
joe waguespack

Yeah, it started in 2005 and is still going strong.

Well, I just did a workout (fasted) and felt great. I did a bunch of sled pulling, farmers walks, sandbag cleans/carries, double KB swings, and various KB carries (overhead, rack). I felt great, my strength was down a little yesterday on squats, but I felt strong and energetic today. Getting ready for a nice big Ribeye and some eggs.

I noticed something weird today, it maybe all in my head but still interesting. I used to dip ( skoal) a lot , I quit about a year ago but recently had started back up again over the past two weeks. I was up to about a can a day again. Since I started this diet I haven't touched, actually haven't even thought about it. I just realized it today when I saw a half of can in my desk, I realized that I hadn't even thought to use it. Do you think that something chemical goes on with the ingestion of certain nutrient profiles that can curb certain "addictions" (for lack of a better word)?
Old 08-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #14
Jon Alexander

Hey Joe! I too used to dip ( at least a can a day) until about 3 weeks ago when i changed my diet. until I just read your post i have not really noticed it!! that is a weird feeling, but a good one!!
I am not on the AD but something similar( high fat, high protien, low carb) and started IF. I dont know if it is the diet combo or the IF? were you IF'ing before you switched to AD? this is very interesting, let me know what you think?
Jon Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #15
joe waguespack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Alexander View Post
Hey Joe! I too used to dip ( at least a can a day) until about 3 weeks ago when i changed my diet. until I just read your post i have not really noticed it!! that is a weird feeling, but a good one!!
I am not on the AD but something similar( high fat, high protien, low carb) and started IF. I dont know if it is the diet combo or the IF? were you IF'ing before you switched to AD? this is very interesting, let me know what you think?
Yeah I was IF'ing for a while and just started AD this past week. I bought a can of dip on monday and started the AD on Tuesday and haven't dipped since then. Like I said I never even realized it until today. It is pretty interesting, maybe one of the more scientific guys will chime in with their thoughts. I guess there could be something chemical that goes on to control the nicotine cravings. I wonder if any smokers have experienced this or if it's just us dippers?
Old 08-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #16
Craig Brown

Now that's interesting, on the tobacky. I've been a 25 year smoker (even when I was an ultrarunner, yes) and I started getting much more serious on the clean eating front about when I quit, November 2007. No idea if they are related, but I've had no issues with wanting to smoke at all since I quit.
Craig Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:27 PM   #17
Jon Alexander

Craig, are you doing IF? are you on a high fat low carb diet? please let me know as i am really interested in what the connection could possibly be!?
Jon Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #18
Craig Brown

Hi Jon-

I don't IF too much, though I did a solid 13 hour fast months 2-3 of the not smoking. I was on a moderate strict paleo for a lot of that time, but have been eating a lot of ice cream and drinking about 24oz of whole milk a day for a couple months. Any time I have checked the eating on fitday, I am at 50% or higher fat, a gram or more protein per pound of bodyweight and less than 100 grams of net carbs a day. Certainly carbs are higher now with all the milk & ice cream...Lots of coffee in the AM, no alcohol ever, 2# of veggies a day+...

I have been working on quitting for a long time, and have quit for up to a few months at a time before. This has certainly been the easiest and longest. This is the first time I've tried as a non-drinker, which most def. helps!
Craig Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #19
joe waguespack

Well, 1 week in so far. Nothing major to report, feeling a little drained today, but that is expected as I become fully depleted( supposedly). Still no nicotine cravings. I am looking forward to a nice IHOP breakfast on Sunday though, that will be my only "unclean" carbs that day, I plan on doing the rest of the load with clean carb sources.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #20
Liam Dougherty Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Needham View Post
I tried AD, had no problem with no carb days and ate properly. The carb up days? Now that was a problem. Once I got started on those days there was no letting up I didn't get fatter but I didn't get leaner either. I'll be interested to see how AD + IF works for you Joe. I know you are able from having read your IF account on theiflife.com
Ditto. I beleive it could work for some people though. and I didn't IF at the time. Keep us posted.
Liam Dougherty Springer is offline   Reply With Quote