Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 09-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #31
joe waguespack

Well I'm almost at the end of my second induction period. I decided to ditch the low cal approach and stick with the protocol set forth in the diet. I bumped my calories up to 3000 a day at 60% fat/35%pro/5%carbs about a week ago. It's amazing but I actually started leaning out once I upped the cals. I am eating around double the calories I was eating on the Zone and still leaning out while ADDING bodyweight. I love this diet, and I am looking forward to my carb load on Sunday. This time it's all about the Shoney's breakfast bar.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:13 AM   #32
Craig Brown

Once the body figures out what you are doing nutritionally, there is a definite point of blance for the loss on that diet. Too low cal and the sytem panics and hold on...hit it just right, you get recomposition. I dropped about 30 pounds of fat ten years ago on that diet.

Craig
Craig Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #33
joe waguespack

Getting ready for the carb up tomorrow. It's still going great. The hard part is fitting in 3000 calories into a five hour feeding window, but I have been having a shake with protein powder , eggs, olive oil, milled flax and walnuts as my last meal. The shake is about 1000 calories in one pop so it's making getting enough cals a little easier. I think I may do a four week cut at about 2500-2000 calories and then bump things up for a few weeks and add some weight. It seems very easy to add strength and weight on this diet without the fat gain usually associated with higher cals. I want to play with short cuts and bulks to see what happens before I extend the bulk for to long, I think that the shorter periods will keep the body guessing more and produce the leanest gains. We will see.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #34
joe waguespack

First carb load day:
Started with Shoney's breakfast bar, pancakes, and grits MMM!
felt fat and bloated and then shortly after passed out for a three hour nap
THen had two double stacks from wendy's and washed it down with a frosty.
The rest of the day will be cleaner carb options. th e diet calls for a 24-48 hour carb load, I will only be doing a 12 hour load , but I will definitely be loading up. I am tired , bloated and gassy. I actually can't wait to get back to good fat and protein. I really do not care for carbs anymore at all.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #35
Frank Needham

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe waguespack View Post
First carb load day:
Started with Shoney's breakfast bar, pancakes, and grits MMM!
felt fat and bloated and then shortly after passed out for a three hour nap
THen had two double stacks from wendy's and washed it down with a frosty.
The rest of the day will be cleaner carb options. th e diet calls for a 24-48 hour carb load, I will only be doing a 12 hour load , but I will definitely be loading up. I am tired , bloated and gassy. I actually can't wait to get back to good fat and protein. I really do not care for carbs anymore at all.
It is remarkable that one can go pretty much all one's life ripping them off like no one's business, only to find out that if you eat properly none of that stuff is needed. Plus the bloating, gahg!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #36
joe waguespack

Good Lord!! Just finished my last carb meal of the day. I actually put on 18lbs in one day!!!! I am fat , bloated and miserable. I'm glad this is only once a week. Every muscle is swollen like it's ready to pop. I guess my glycogen stores are officially replenished. I'll admit my first carb load was a bit "dirty" and I did manage to get a few beers down, next week I will stick with cleaner foods and see how different the effects are.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #37
Allen Yeh

18 lbs in one day....holy crap.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #38
Liam Dougherty Springer

I have a simmilar reaction whenever I come off a period with little to no carbs. It seems to be exajerated by crappy meals Yesterday I ate buckweat pancakes diner apple sauce hashbrowns and a biscut along with variose breakfast meats. I gained like 3 lbs..... ....actually I was more bloated previouse to when I weighed myself though... ...18lbs is crazy must be retaining serious water be interesting to see what happens next. I can visibly see and feel the puffy water beweent my skin and muscle.. Makes me think I am gaining fat when I honestly know that on a caloric intake evaluation that amount of fat synthisis is imposible.
Liam Dougherty Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #39
Kelly Frankson

Will there always be a huge spike in weight on the carb load day, or does your body eventually learn whats going on and stabilize throughout the 5 days off 2 days on carb loading cycle?
Kelly Frankson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #40
joe waguespack

I think it will stabilize somewhat. There will always be a few pounds of weight gain from the carb ups due to water retention for a day or two. I just honestly went overboard BIG TIME. I know I didn't put on 18 lbs of fat in 12 hours so I'm not to worried about it, It;s actually kind of funny to me. Next week though I will stick with much cleaner options to see what happens. I have been sick and bloated feeling all day today as well. Very poor carb choices on my part , but damn it was fun I couldn't imagine doing a 48 hour carb load like some do, I would gain like 50 lbs.