Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Old 10-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Liam Dougherty Springer

Default Feast fit for a freak

The day before yesterday I was 5' 10" 168 at <10% BF... Yesterday I started my Strength/ bulking phase and boy did I feast. My regular diet is about 2000 cal a day at .75g protien/#LBM moderat to low carb and high fat for quite a while. Lets say on avg. 60%F/20%C/20%P by calorie. Yesterday I just went with eat whatever I can from good sources and added some yams and sprouted grains. At the end of the night I had some coconut milk sorbet with coconut oil poured on top to form a hard crust and a small portion of 76% tazanian coacoa which was very low sugar. At that point I had eaten around 3500 calories at about 47%F/31%C/22%P by calorie. And as I was watching some television getting ready to sleep hard I became hugry.... WHAT?!

Honestly I felt like I had eaten too much already when I recounted my feast... but there was no doubt I was hungry so I ate 2 peices thick cut bacon some raw cheese and a uncured tukey hotdog on a peice of flourless sprouted grain bread soaking in the bacon greece and I felt satisfaction. Bringing my total for the day to about 210 grams Protein 306 grams Carbohydrate and 203 grams Fat. This comes out to 3891 calories at 47%F/31%C/22%P and that is a reserved estimate as I don't take certain macronutrients from some sources into consideration (ie. protein in veggies or grains, carb/protien in nuts).

Most of the fat was from clean animal sources and I was sure to balance Omegas. Only 40 grams of protein from Whey 20g along with my PWO nutrition of coconut water and Yams w/ cinnamin, followed immediatly by a feast fit for a king during which I drank unsweetened chocate almond milk and the other 20g whey.

Still I think I must have eaten too much I just wanted to see what I was capable of comfortably consuming and I didn't think it would go quite that far.... can't say i am sad it did though.

today I am resting and have lowered my carb intake significantly like so far less than 100 grams and I won't consume more than 50 more tops. I have still kept protein high like will probrably end up at 175ish and My Ft intake has been tremendous I will end up at like 200g+ for sure and under 225g.

I am thinking I will cut back the total intake a little but I wonder what yall have to say. For one thing I wonder why I was still hungry at the end of the night last night was it do to the switch in Macro ratios and carb sources?

Regardless I have been enjoying it.

Thanx-
Liam

Last edited by Liam Dougherty Springer : 10-01-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Bad Math
Liam Dougherty Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
George Mounce

Quote:
Bringing my total for the day to about 210 grams Protein 306 grams Carbohydrate and 203 grams Fat. This comes out to 38886.5 calories at 47%F/31%C/22%P and that is a reserved estimate as I don't take certain macronutrients from some sources into consideration (ie. protein in veggies or grains, carb/protien in nuts).
38,000 calories? I think you meant around 3800 lol.

210g protein = 840
306 protein = 1224
203 fat = 1827

Total = 3855

Now that I've had my PT test I'm trying to gain 7 more pounds to get to 187. I could care less how I get there, I'm just going to eat a lot more good foods.

Edit:

Since calories are actually kcals I realized you could be using this type of notation rather than the common notation, but earlier you said 3500 calories.
George Mounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Liam Dougherty Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
38,000 calories? I think you meant around 3800 lol.
Oops I messed up I fixed it though. I never understood about kcal until now sometimes I am just slow on the uptake. yes all my numbers are kcal.

I do know what I eat and so calculated the numbers later to see what I had my first day but I was not intentionally calculating through the day. The interesting thing has been how close I have been to what I would intentionaly Rx for my macro ratios. I think I am going to continue flying by the seat of my pants for a while.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
Jon Sikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Dougherty Springer View Post
I am thinking I will cut back the total intake a little but I wonder what yall have to say. For one thing I wonder why I was still hungry at the end of the night last night was it do to the switch in Macro ratios and carb sources?

Regardless I have been enjoying it.

Thanx-
Liam
3800 calories doesn't sound that outrageous to me. Plenty of people do the gallon of milk thing on top of their regular meals. I never did the whole gallon (could only handle half) but I was probably hitting 5,000+ a day, every day.

God bless the people who gain mass without adding much body fat (the lucky bastards). I couldn't pull it off. After trying a few approaches, I found it quicker, easier and less expensive to add the milk on top of regular meals.

In all likelihood, you'll gain some fat, but the whole point is adding mass -- some fat's gonna come with that muscle. Accept the potential for extra (temporary) pudginess and get a helluva lot stronger. It sounds like you've got a handle on your diet, and won't have any problems taking off the excess later.

Your carb sources could explain the hunger. Lifting heavy things gives me gnawing hunger. Enjoy it while it lasts. I got tired of eating so much, something I never thought I'd say. Less chewing is an advantage of the milk, but I felt full all the time.
Jon Sikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
Liam Dougherty Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Sikes View Post
3800 calories doesn't sound that outrageous to me. Plenty of people do the gallon of milk thing on top of their regular meals. I never did the whole gallon (could only handle half) but I was probably hitting 5,000+ a day, every day.

God bless the people who gain mass without adding much body fat (the lucky bastards). I couldn't pull it off. After trying a few approaches, I found it quicker, easier and less expensive to add the milk on top of regular meals.

In all likelihood, you'll gain some fat, but the whole point is adding mass -- some fat's gonna come with that muscle. Accept the potential for extra (temporary) pudginess and get a helluva lot stronger. It sounds like you've got a handle on your diet, and won't have any problems taking off the excess later.

Your carb sources could explain the hunger. Lifting heavy things gives me gnawing hunger. Enjoy it while it lasts. I got tired of eating so much, something I never thought I'd say. Less chewing is an advantage of the milk, but I felt full all the time.

I am with you I am ready to gain regardless of excess fat. I want to get stronger. I would like to add some milk in but I cant even drink an oz. without bad things happening to my guts. I can eat raw cheese so once I finaly get out to one of the local dairies I will try my luck with raw milk.... for now I will chew and chew.