Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Supplements

Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
Joe Hart

Default EAS protien

Any one have an opinion on EAS protein? I can get a big bag of it at Costco pretty cheap. It supposedly has whey, casisin(sp?) and soy protein in it. The soy part bothers me but is it that much to make a difference? Is it worth it? I had been using whey before.

On another note: What companies are generally reputable for supplements? I have been using NOW and they seem okay. Any others of note good or bad?

THanks,

Joe
Joe Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
Derek Simonds

I haven't used EAS in a long time. No reason for not using it other than I found it to be bland and at the time I was mixing all my shakes with water in a shaker cup. If you blend it smoothie style with fruit it becomes a non issue. Protein powder for me comes down to taste and how it makes my stomach feel.

I have used many different supplement companies and had varying degrees of luck with different products. I have never used NOW so I can't comment. For multi's and ZMA I use the GNC brand or Vitamin Shop brand whichever is most cost efficient.

Hope that helps. Let me know what you think of the EAS protein powder I might have to grab some at Costco myself.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
Jean-Patrick Millette

Jean-Patrick Millette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
Dan Heaney

I use EAS and I have no problems with it. I doubt the difference in the "quality" of the whey is going to justify the difference in price.
Dan Heaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
Jordan Glasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Patrick Millette View Post

make your own mix and place an order on www.trueprotein.com

trueprotein has the highest protein quality on the market, you can choose your sweetener etc.

best i tasted too.
Golden. can't wait to mix my own!
Jordan Glasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
Joe Hart

Jean-Patrick,

I wish it wasn't your first post. Just doesn't seem right.
Joe Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
Derek Weaver

Joe,
If it makes you feel any better, trueprotein.com is the only protein source Lyle McDonald stands by.
Derek Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
Craig Brown

I personally think the EAS bagged stuff is foul. I gave my bag away on freecycle. I found trueprotein via Lyle and tried, and I liked it. They have stopped offering the BSL flavor which I liked, and the warning is that you MUST use the premium flavors or it's pretty nasty. Haven't tried it yet with the premium flavors. Stuff mixes great, better than I've found elsewhere.
Craig Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #9
Daniel Olmstead

I just got my first order from True Protein, and am happy with it. I'm attempting to cut out artificial sweeteners from my life, so I got it 100% unflavored, and use it in making homemade protein bars. Works just fine.

Got mine about 75% different wheys and 25% casein.

I have about a quarter of a bag of EAS left, and will probably toss it. I saw better results with Muscle Milk Natural, which tastes MUCH better anyway...but mainly I'm just wary of Sucralose and other sweeteners.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:05 AM   #10
Allen Yeh

I don't personally like the old EAS stuff but I haven't gotten EAS products in at least 4+ years.

I personally use www.allthewhey.com for most of my protein stuff which is typically just the whey blend or the whey isolate.

I've heard good things about Trueprotein as well and I have been considering them for my next purchase.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote