I am from Chicago so I have limited opportunities to run barefoot. However I have found Asics wrestling shoes to mimic barefoot running quite adequately. I am basing this off the fact that while running I simply do not touch my heal to the ground. Which I struggle with very much while running in my $120 "running" shoes by New Balance.
I want to get a pair of shoes I can wear to work and run in during the Winter months as well as Summer months. I don't like alternating the type of shoe I wear when changing activities.
I have a couple questions:
1. What are some ways that people try to mimic barefoot running? Does anyone see harm in the wrestling shoes?
2. What are the best shoe options. Please remember that for the next six months Vibrams' Five Fingers won't be an option. I'll probably be pushing it with wrestling shoes.
3. Can I run in the winter with no shoes?
4. How quickly have you noticed the benefits of barefoot running?
5. Anyone out there that has/had tight Achilles and what rehabilitation did you practice? This kind of a side note but I figure it is near the foot...
I also feel like I have lost the elasticity of my muscles, neck/shoulders, achilles, wrist, really everywhere. What can I do for that?