Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Flexibility, Training Preparation & Recovery

Old 10-17-2008, 01:11 PM   #11
Emily Mattes

I use the Diesel Crew Shoulder Rehab program as prehab/rehab. It's on YouTube. I've heard people wiser than I (like Steven) rate it as pretty good. It's quite extensive, but it is also very shoulder specific and would not work you in a general way the way planche or ring work would.
Emily Mattes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #12
Greg Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Mattes View Post
I use the Diesel Crew Shoulder Rehab program as prehab/rehab. It's on YouTube. I've heard people wiser than I (like Steven) rate it as pretty good. It's quite extensive, but it is also very shoulder specific and would not work you in a general way the way planche or ring work would.
link?
Old 10-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #13
Donald Lee

Look through Diesel Crew's or Jedd Johnson's or Jimmy Smith's YouTube vids. I'm sure it's easy to find. If not, you can find it on their website.
Donald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #14
Steven Low
Super Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ONHZmsFec

If someone ever mentions youtube... that's a do-it-yourself task next time I think. Google too, haha.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #15
Scott Kustes

I use some of Diesel Crew's stuff too, along with Turkish Getups. All are valuable for effed up shoulders.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #16
Jamie Crichton

That jump stretch video is really interesting. Any ideas on how cutting off the blood flow to the shoulder like that helps loosen it up? I've got one of the jumpstretch compression bands in the post so I'm going to try it once it gets here, so will report back on its efficacy.

There's another video where he wraps the wrist up with a jumpstretch band - I tried this myself using a climbing sling, wrapping it tight round the wrist then doing some circles etc. When you take the sling off and the blood rushes back in, it feels amazing. This sorted out my sore wrist in about 2 days. I've had problems with it for years, including a ganglion at one stage, and this is the only thing that has ever made any difference. I don't get any soreness now - planches, cleans, thrusters, they're all fine. So I'm hoping it will do the same for my shoulders!
Jamie Crichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #17
Garrett Smith

Jamie,
Blood is what does the healing, anywhere in the body.

Think of restricting bloodflow and then allowing it to rush back in as a form of powerwashing the joint structures (which generally have poor bloodflow).

This same mechanism is what contrast hydrotherapy is based on--more for individual bodyparts than contrast showers, though. Cold tends to push blood back to the core of the body, while heat increases bloodflow to the area.
Garrett Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #18
Jamie Crichton

That's what I thought, I was just (pleasantly) suprised at how pronounced the effect was and how rapidly my wrist was back to normal. If this works for my shoulders I will be absolutely delighted!
Jamie Crichton is offline   Reply With Quote