Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #51
Chris Salvato

12/2/2008: Rest Day. No Fast. I think I am getting sick...
Chris Salvato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:20 AM   #52
Matt Edwards

Good call on the rest if you think you're getting sick. Get well quick.
Matt Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #53
Chris Salvato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Edwards View Post
Good call on the rest if you think you're getting sick. Get well quick.
Thanks man -- its weird -- ill go from feeling great to feeling like total crap -- today was a lot better though.

12/3/2008: 16 Hour Fast.

I wanted to go to workout tonight but we had a company dinner and lord knows I dont pass up a free meal...wound up eating about 5# of food -- chicken, shrimp, sushi (some rice, unfortunately), veggies....the works...

It was great...but i got back very late (9:30) -- haven't been getting good sleep lately..decided to just rest today and go at it hard tomorrow...

Oh well...my training will pick up again soon into routine, i hope ...I am going to sleep in this anabolic festival and enjoy every minute of it
Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #54
Chris Salvato

12/4/2008: 24.5 Hour Fast -- my longest yet. After the feast yesterday, to be honest, I wasn't even hungry! I think the key to those big fasts is to eat a super huge meal before you start it! :P I actually felt good in and out of the gym today -- despite being tired (seasonal, I think, and due to lack of longer sleep hours) and some shoulder pain after doing some ice cream makers strict.

Warmup
Rowing: 2:35 ; 649 m; 43 cal

Straight Leg Deadlifts
45x10
90x8
135x5
155x3
-----
195x3x5

Went well enough I guess, but I am going to step back and make sure I got this form down..possibly reset back to starting weight of 177 to make sure I got the form proper. Once I start to get heavy I feel like I don't know what's going on when I am at my deepest position and I would like to fix that....higher reps at lower weights just to increase body awareness.

Dips
BWx5
+20x5
------
+45x3x5

Felt really good -- fast and strong. Up to 50# next week -- a yay yay! Over .25xBW :P (45 was about .24 BW)

Reverse Hypers
+50x3x8

Could definitely feel the glutes working here...

Leg Extensions (Rehab)
10x12
20x12
30x12
40x12
50x8

Each leg done independently. Last two sets I noticed a HUGE disparity in strength between the left and right.

Cooldown
Hip Flexor stretches - Minimum 30 second hold in each position. Left left felt MUCH tighter compared to right.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:30 AM   #55
Chris H Laing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Salvato View Post
Thanks man -- its weird -- ill go from feeling great to feeling like total crap -- today was a lot better though.
I had that same thing happen to me. It went on for more than a month, and is actually the reason i stopped doing SS. Hope you dont have it to.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #56
Chris Salvato

12/5/2008: Rest Day. No fast.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #57
Chris Salvato

12/6/2008: 17.5 Hour fast or so. Maybe 18.5 Hours - I cant remember when I stopped eating yesterday.

Warmup
Rowing: 2:35 ; 636 m; 41 cal
Tried some FL pulls (ice cream makers), but i couldn't do them today.

Romanian Deadlifts (this is what I have been doing the whole time, not SLDL..)
45x10
90x8
133x5
153x3
-----
200x3x5

Need to just focus on the bottom of the ROM as I still kind of second guess myself on this. Just need more volume on here to know what I am doing as I go heavy -- i hate having to check a mirror and not being able to use a camera.

WCU
BWx5
+20x3
+50x1
------
+65x1

Weight Fell on the 2nd rep and I just felt weak...decided TFLPU might be a better investment of training time...

TFLPU
3x3 on the fat bar

Leg Extensions (rehab)
10x12
20x12
30x12
40x12
50x10

On 30-50# I focused on a fast concentric and slow, controlled eccentric. Left is still much weaker than right. Will try for 12 on 50# next time.

Pistols
Alternated between a set of 5 on the good leg and a single negative with a 20 sec balancing hold at the bottom on the bad leg. Most of the balance on the left was done with assistance, but did some balance without it. Was actually a lot harder than I thought - i think the flexibility work here will help since my right ankle seems much more flexible than the left.

Neg w/20sec Hold (Left) - 5 or 6 reps (somehow lost count..)
Full Pistols (Right) - 6 sets x 5 reps

Cooldown
Hip Flexor stretches - Minimum 30 second hold in each position. Left left felt MUCH tighter compared to right, again. Some split work but not much.

Also messed around with some bar muscle ups and pullovers to just have some fun on the bar.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #58
Chris Salvato

12/7/2008: No Fast. Rest Day.

Decided I am going to start ramping up for a 2-a-day routine before i take 2 weeks off due to the christmas holiday....

Starting Dec 10 I am going to ramp up frequency of workouts, and On Dec 17 I am going to start a week involving 2-a-day workouts to brutally kick my own ass into overreaching before my 2 week break.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #59
Chris H Laing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Salvato View Post
I am going to start a week involving 2-a-day workouts to brutally kick my own ass
Sounds like fun. Are you not gunna be able to workout for the whole two weeks?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #60
Chris Salvato

I will be probably be able to do some parkour -- I have a lot of friends who I used to train PK with in NYC where I am from, so I will probably do a bunch of that -- and likely a gym session if I am lucky to work on some acrobatics...but nothing that will come even CLOSE to heavy lifting....and not nearly as often. Plus, my vacation will start with Christmas Eve and Christmas which are HUGE FEASTS in my big italian family :P So being destroyed/overreached at that point would be a great use of the calories