Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Olympic Weightlifting

Old 12-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #1
Greg Everett
Administrator

Default Dartfish Snatch comparison - Aimee Anaya & kelly Lynch

Great video analysis by Tracey Fober of Aimee Anaya and Kelly Lynch (silver and gold respectively) from the American Open a couple weekends ago:

http://ironmaven.dartfishnet.com/d00...Kcomp_0001.wmv

"Without a doubt the best book on the market about Olympic-style weightlifting." - Mike Burgener, USAW Senior International Coach

American Weightlifting: The Documentary
Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal
Greg Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
Robb Wolf

Really interesting. Aimee has a much more upright torso...and gets a 4-5" vertical with ~200lbs in her hands. Freaking AWESOME!

Robb's Blog
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Pierre Auge

Yeah I thought this lift was something else. Aimee's got a lot more in her. I've actually been reviewing a bunch of the vids that Tracy has been posting and of the ladies Aimee looks to have a great consistent bar path and technique.

She's a great lifter that's for sure!
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
Greg Everett
Administrator

she took 90 for her 3rd attempt that day and should have made it. she just rushed it off the floor. but she can't snatch 90 easily. soon she'll be snatching more than me. and on that day, i'm going to kill myself.

"Without a doubt the best book on the market about Olympic-style weightlifting." - Mike Burgener, USAW Senior International Coach

Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal
Old 12-20-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
Pierre Auge

LMFAO

You just need to train harder Greg! You non-hard training weak bastard.

I'm one to talk last time I snatched a barbell with weight on it was four weeks ago. I'll be lucky to be snatching bodyweight someday, ever...

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:34 AM   #6
Danny John

Greg, have you considered Laden Squats?

Actually, this is one of those amazing little tech things that really flatly amazes me.
The amount of jump could indicate a lot of things with that one lift, though. I'm wondering how much more she will add to her max in the next year or so...
Danny John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
Scott Kustes

I noticed that she had quite a jump there too. Was wondering what the take on it from those knowledgeable in such things was?

Last time I snatched a barbell, my previously dislocated shoulder slid partially out of socket. It didn't feel good. That was 6 months ago and I doubt I'll be snatching anytime in the near future until someone can show me proper technique. I'll stick to C&J.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #8
Greg Everett
Administrator

Dan - Not familiar with laden squats.

The take on her jump in terms of the high lift of the feet from our camp is that we don't love it, but she's more than strong enough and fast enough for it to not be a problem, so we're not trying to train it out of her because it would simply take time and energy away from what we feel are more productive things.

I think we're going to see some obscene gains in the next year. Her strength reserves run very deep, she has better recovery ability than anyone I've known, and she has remarkable speed. Good things are a brewing for 2007...

Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal