Originally Posted by Mandy LaGreca
Maybe I need to get my head checked
NO NO NO.
As a recovering binge eater and chronic dieter, I can tell you I made very little progress as long as I was blaming myself for every step out of line.
Like Steve said, get through the transition period, eat more fat (don't try to outsmart your diet by cutting fat to lower calories), and I'll add - do everything you can to improve insulin sensitivity. You won't believe how much it helps control the urge to binge.
Here's what I did recently:
- Carbs at up to 30g daily for 2 weeks
- Limit caffeine intake during that time, and watch what it does to you after.
- PWO only, I would allow myself 1/3 cup of berries since they have a very low glycemic impact, but they would still have to fit into the daily 30g limit.
- Chromium picolinate - 1 capsule upon waking, and 20 minutes before each meal when I remembered to.
- Fenugreek - I took a lot of this, not sure if it helped, but many people recommend it so it can't hurt.
- Cinnamon - put a ton of it on everything. Put it in your PWO shake if you do those. I even boiled cinnamon sticks and sipped on the water throughout the day... made me a bit nauseous though
- Don't limit your calories too much for the period of the transition.
Again, I've done the "unlimited veggies and few fruits" thing. Didn't work for me. It's a little sad to think you even have to limit your VEGGIE intake, but I really do better this way.
I hope this helps! It's made a big difference for me.