Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 12-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #11
Ryan Brown

Sunday, 12/14/08

Rest Day

I'm nearly as lean as I want to be. I feel like my fat loss has curbed a little in the past week. So, I've adjusted my to the following, according zone according to Robb wolf's advice:

18 Protein blocks
12 carb blocks
36 fat blocks

I deleted 6 carb blocks, and replaced each one with 3 fat blocks. So, i'm effectively doing a carb reduced zone, with 2x fat. I've only done it for 2 days and so far, it feels very good. I think that this reduced carb level should really push me through to the leanness I want. And, although I lowered my carbs in an effort to lose body fat, I don't plan on ratcheting them back up unless I need to in order to support my activity level. I will, however, bring my fat blocks up once I finish leaning out.

Steve, I'm keeping an eye on the soreness and I'm not hesitant to take extra rest days. My sleep has been fantastic lately (9.5 hours, 3 consecutive nights). I'm going to take a rest day tomorrow as well, because I've got 2 finals and then I'm driving back to Raleigh.
Ryan Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:14 PM   #12
Chris Salvato

are you taking ZMA?

I recently started a ZMA cycle and i noticed dramatic increases in the quality of my sleep -- especially while im also on a 2-a-day cycle. After I started ZMA i realized most people on PMenu are on ZMA -- and Zinc and Magnesium are what Dr. G says most people are lacking.

Might be worthwhile to try it, imho. Anabolism is nice :P
Chris Salvato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #13
George Mounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Salvato View Post
are you taking ZMA?

I recently started a ZMA cycle and i noticed dramatic increases in the quality of my sleep -- especially while im also on a 2-a-day cycle. After I started ZMA i realized most people on PMenu are on ZMA -- and Zinc and Magnesium are what Dr. G says most people are lacking.

Might be worthwhile to try it, imho. Anabolism is nice :P
ZMA gives me the most wonderful sleep and takes my lucid dreaming to the next level. I love it!
George Mounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:52 PM   #14
Chris Salvato

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
ZMA gives me the most wonderful sleep and takes my lucid dreaming to the next level. I love it!
Jesus, G...I am sure you can relate to my experience...

I used to be a lucid dreamer, then I lost it. I stopped dreaming pretty much all together. ZMA, recently, has made my dreams SO vivid though. I wake up believing they happened most times since i started supplementation.

I am still re-learning gaining control of my dreams, I am getting better at recognizing when shit is just OUTLANDISH but I have yet to take control of them.

It adds a whole new dynamic to sleep when you dream vividly -- its like going to an 8 hour long movie where you are the star
Old 12-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #15
Ryan Brown

I just take A LOT of peyote.

But seriously, I've never heard of ZMA. Is it just Zinc and Magnesium? In pill form? Where do I get some? Sounds fun.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #16
Ryan Brown

Ok, just did some research and found out all about ZMA. Where do you guys get yours from?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #17
Chris Salvato

Most people here use TwinLabs ZMA. I found BodyTech ZMA to have the same concentration of Zinc and Magnesium but it was about 35% cheaper....and obviously I am seeing the same benefit.

I get mine from The Vitamin Shoppe...but any major vitamin store should have it. Due to the findings in football players it has become quite popular.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #18
Ryan Brown

Monday, 12/15/08

Rest Day

Soreness is all but completely gone. Feelin' good and ready to hit it hard tomorrow. And, I've figured out a way to do BS and DL on Texas method while still CF-ing. I'll be doing 1 heavy and 1 light day per week, with each lift. If the volume seems to be too much, the WODs will be the first thing I cut back on.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #19
Ryan Brown

Tuesday, 12/16/08

Texas Method

5x5 Squat @ 310

5x5 Bench @ 170

CF WOD

21-15-12-9
Sumo DL High Pull 105 lbs
Wall Balls
Pull-ups

8:57
Old 12-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #20
Chris Salvato

very nice ryan. I wish I could work out like you.

stupid knee :P