Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 01-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Derek Simonds

Have you read the book about getting babies to sleep through the night? My wife did it with both of our kids and it was a godsend. Some people don't like the structure of it, or letting kids cry themselves to sleep but our results were fantastic. My sister also did it with all 3 of her kids with great results.

It is called something like "on being babywise". I don't know if it would be a fit for you but I would highly reccomend checking it out. My sister is extremely non structured and my wife is structured down to the minute so I saw it with both ends of the spectrum.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #12
Jamila Bey

I haven't read THAT one, but I've read The 90 Minute Baby Sleep Solution and another one... I'll edit to update when I'm at my bookcase, and they have some great ideas, but my little one doesn't let those work.

I can soothe him down and put him to sleep, but he will wake after 15 or 20 minutes and I'll just do that soothe/put him down over and over until I am the one who is exhausted. This kid is his own strong willed little person, and if baby dontwannasleep, baby don't sleep! I wonder where he gets the stubborn thing from?

I can't even try the letting him cry method- I'd rather just do without sleep myself. I wind up nearly in tears and with a soaked shirt if I hear him calling and I don't go to him. I guess I literally don't have the fortitude.

Thanks for the support. I put him in a backpack and pace the floor while reading (my own stuff) out loud to him in funny voices.
Jamila Bey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #13
Jamila Bey

Jan 26

Row 5000K
Jamila Bey is offline   Reply With Quote