Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
Robert Moseley

Cheers Chris thanks for that, sorry I seem to be really busy just now and havent had chance to look at many other logs but will do soon mate.

For the full snatch ive tried with dbs in each hand and find I need a sumo wide stance knees pointing out quite a bit and only a light weight. with the one arm the form is much better but still not that good and the stance probably still to wide.

Having the weekend off and so carried on training so did fridays workout today which will be normal form.

Power clean - 75% x 2 x 3
Overhead squat - heavy single - 80% x 2 x 2

warmed with split snatches hanging with dbs outside the legs, ended up at 25kg each db.
Then singles from the floor to 45kg, wrists feel a little week at the top of the movement my mate thought I couldgo heavier as I was exploding high with the weight but not sure myself.

Power cleans with 2 db's from the floor warming up really to 30kg, felt that was a bit to heavy being honest. Then one arm PClean with (bloody cant remember) think it was at least 40kg could have been 42.5kg

Then some hang power cleans with barbell.. felt weak and only got to 95kg, left wrist flaking so maybe psychological but maybe an off day from no sleep yesterday and training.

Then overhead squats starting to lack motivation and was getting pissed with myself, used a snatch balance to get the dumbell in place then squated.. did 35kg one arm, right side felt a lot stronger than left.

(# Note back still sore from trying jerks the other day.. ill have to miss that exercise out i think, split snatches ftw )

Well was getting even more peed off with myself and the gym was getting busy, so did a total mess up with a bear set.. tried for four sets increasing the weight each time off 4 reps reps 3 then crashed at 1
45kg, 55kg, 65kg was to heavy and felt like a wasted exercise but a lesson learnt.
So for metcon something I grabbed from Gym jones
95kg deadlift 30reps ( suppose to be 10 burpees straight after but was flaking fast)
So A funny little exercise not sure what it is.. power clean dumbell and press straight through without stopping.
20kg do one are then the next for 10 reps each arm.
The for what i could muster 20 deads then 15 clean press things and i was dead.

Was pretty miffed felt like i hadnt been training hard enough so tested one are power snatches from the floor... and the 50kg felt the best It had been saying i was pretty tired i was chuffed about.

Then stomach, leg raises 20 followed by leg raises (twisted to the side) 20 each side then circling leg raises 10 each way.
Then (lol) swiss ball planks.. lasted about 30 then quick rest and flaked at about 15.

Well diet going belly up just cant seem to eat at the mo, gone right off my food but not to fussed need to strip all the weight off helps the old leg.
Robert Moseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #12
Robert Moseley

what a tit.. all the extra's I did yesterday were the CA WOD for today, felt week and tired today did less weights than yesterday.
The only plus was the zercher went to 130kg so not all bad and the stabiliser muscles felt strong so some good.

Weekend off to do some reading and prob add some ross training into the mix I am thinking maybe I need to do some barbell work as well.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
Robert Moseley

Default Gutted...

Well after regrouping over the weekend decided to add some ross training (from his book infinte intensity) to the equation, sat down worked through weeks routine and it went as follows..

Back squat - 87% x 2 x 4
Snatch deadlift - 118% (of snatch) x 2 x 3
Push press - 85% x 4 x 5
Bent row - 80% x 6 x 3
Hanging leg raise - 3 x 15

I changed to

Back squat - 87% x 2 x 4
one arm deadlift - 118% (of snatch) x 2 x 3
Push press - 85% x 4 x 5
weighted pulls ups went to singles
Hard stomach planned for tues so layed off the hangings

after did
5 db swings each arm 22.5kg
5 power snatches
10 burpees explosive jumps

repeat 5 times..
It looked easy but was soon hurting in the second round really loved it.

Then rest a few mins and 42.5kg farmers walk.. round the gym which must be close to 40m.. only just made it for a total of 3 rounds.

That felt like a really good well rounded workout and i was looking forward to the rest of the week then it happened.... the phone call!!!

The ops manager was ill, i was needed to cover (dam 24hr call out but hey not to bad) then the stunner... I had to cover his shift a 12hour night shift.
Extra cover was needed at one of our sites, so i spent 12hrs in the freezing cold one night then the next in the bloody rain, so now all flued up.

Leaving training now this week and will restart week3 strength training on monday.

Think this is turning into a training blog rather than a workout log
Old 02-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #14
Robert Moseley

Still have this crap on my chest so not up to any cardio..

Ran the previous mondays routine without the farmers walk or metcon.
felt weak but had a pb but not sure how, 30kg db each arm hanging split snatch up from 25kg dbs so not all bad i guess.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Robert Moseley
This message has been deleted by Robert Moseley. Reason: posted in the wrong place
Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #15
Robert Moseley

No metcon or any cardio still feeling rough and loads of crap on my chest, but saying that still had a good day.

Muscle snatch - 65% x 3 x 3 dbs 27.5kg per db
Power clean + clean + jerk - 65% (of clean & jerk) x 4 sets wasnt sure to do one arm or two, went for one 3@35kg then one @40kg finding im having to support the dumbell with my free arm on the drive up into the (did splitch snatches) snatch. Need to practice dbs clean power and full.

Tried hanging dumbell split snatches and hanging power snatch

split ended up at 50kg (one arm) on right but felt unsure to attempt on my left arm
hanging Psnatch 45kg.

Need to concentrate on the split my forehead caught the dumbell on the way up more than once

Finished with stomach
Leg raises 20
Side leg raises each side 20
cirlces 10

then 3 lots of swiss ball planks

Im going to video my lifts and let you guys analyse, dont have a camcorder so will see what its like on my mobile, else ill have to borrow one.

Thoughts for the week.. no cardio till maybe friday and then something light really am chuffed with the hang snatches felt a lot easier than from the floor. Prob is 50kg is the max db weight there, they have some oly dumbells but the collars arent that great, may have to buy my own.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #16
Robert Moseley

Good day today but still not fit enough for a good met con

zercher squat (80%) 100kg 3x5
Close grip pull 120kg x2x3
db (supported with free arm) split jerk worked to heavy single 50kg
weighted dips 20kg 3x3
hang psnatch worked to single 50kg (db)

the flag x2x2
side bend the rack (judo throw type move) x3x2

missing the cardio
Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #17
Robert Moseley

Still no cardio chest getting better but still not there

Split snatch dbs 30kg then one arm to 47.25kg

Tall snatch dbs 15kg each arm x3x3
(from the floor)Psnatch+snacth 25kg one arm x4x5 (nice deep squat moved from one straight to the other without putting the weight on the floor)
Snatch Balance single worked up to 40kg one are arm deep squat.

Finished with one arm Psnatch hanging just going through the motions upto 40kg.

felt good
Old 02-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #18
Robert Moseley

Default fridays workout

Feeling way better but still no cardio

Need to look at my training again.. hitting to the heavy single db lifts in the week once i get to friday (sat) workout im a bit low in the tank.

Snatch - heavy single hang snatch db 50kg
Clean & jerk - heavy single 45kg one arm
Back squat - heavy single 140kg7
deadlift (wanted to get it in) went to single 185kg felt v weak and feel i should have done more

Back hurting and feeling awkward with two dumbells above the head when going into a split snatch, so thinking of holding two dbs but alternating arms. In that one will be cleaned then oh in the split snatch while the other hangs down.

Finished with the flag, and swiss ball planks.. stomach definately feeling stronger.

Week 4 strngth next week, will start cardio on monday, looking at 3 metcons per week mon wed fri sprint session tues and possibly some complex work with two bag sessions in the week as well (2o mins or so)
Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 AM   #19
Robert Moseley

Default Week 4 strength (monday)

Chest a lot better hit metcon today

Started with Hanging split one arm.. felt week and failed at 50kg
came back and managed to do 50kg for two but still felt week compared to last week... maybe overdoing 1 rep max's the week before.

Back squat - 90% x 2 x 2 126kg
Snatch pull - 107% (of snatch) x 1 x 2 65kg
Press - 80% x 4 x 4 35kg

Metcon (russ training)
5xone are snatchs each arm
5x dumbell swings each arm
10 burpees
repeat 5 times

Wasnt till the 3rd round i needed a 20 sec break so quite pleased.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #20
Robert Moseley

Default Tuesday

Muscle snatch - 70% x 3 x 3 35kg one arm
Clean + push jerk + hang clean + jerk - 60% x 3 sets 30kg one arm

Metcon

Row 400
burpees explosive x5
20 press ups

repeat 3 times time approx 9-10 mins

Stomach