Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 02-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Liam Dougherty Springer

Default LDSs' CA WOD Log

Preparing to start the CA WOD and I tested some lifts

BS: 275
power Snatch: 135
OHS: 180
power Clean: 195
PP: 200
FS: 225
all the numbers are pounds I will try and switch to Kg over the next week.

never went to fail on any lifts just to the point were form began to drift.

I will test C&J and Snatch on Friday I am thinking I will go for 215 and 155 respectively.

Snatch: 140
C&J: 205
PP: 195 since 200 was projected
Liam Dougherty Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
Liam Dougherty Springer

BS: 210 felt good got real deep and have begun using the high bar position.... 5th set felt stronger than the two bfore and was realy quick on the way up.

SnDL: 160 basicaly just used the snatch position for the first pull including flareing the knees. felt oddly heavy.

PP: 155, 160(last two sets) Felt great and fast the last rep of the last set got heavy and had to press at the top do to it slowing.

I feel stupid because when I was doing one rep max testing in oder to start the CA WOD I was running out of time before a meeting I couldn't be late for so after my 195 PP went up so easily I decided to just calculate my sets at a 200 max. Then Aimee answered one of my posts saying never to work at a projected PR haveing to do with a lift I failed at but thought I could have made if I was feel ing better... so today I felt like the sets were so easy at 155 I would see what they were like at 160. The only reason I am bummed is because I am shure I could have put up the 200, however that last rep did slow down...

The lesson in all this I beleive is listen to my coach and stick with the 195 I have acually put up, and next time go for the bigger number If I think I can.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Liam Dougherty Springer

WO
3x A.Chins max reps/B.Weighted GHD sit ups

This WO was not intended as a metcon

Crap!

I realy messed up.... Oh Well I did the Work out in 4:30 as a metcon which ment I only did 16reps, 5, 5 for the chin ups I guess I will do one more set for max reps and call it a push.

25# GHD sit ups which I am just fine with metcon or not.

I will pay more attention in the future.

last set chins 13
Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Liam Dougherty Springer

Default 2/10/09

3 position Clean 125x1x3 felt good last set was best all around. Concentrating on the receving position and opening the hands before the rack. Getting much better

push jerk then jerk 145x1x4 trying to widen grip as I see the more experienced lifters do was a little timid as the last time I jerked I bannged my chin... got over it though and rely started getting the split wider for a deeper reception.

Metcon:
Did at home so I could use my sand bag had to modify though I want to get more sand bag stuff the workouts are awsome...

100# sand bag clean and push press 5 reps
50# " " " " " 5 reps
15 kipping pull-ups in door jam bar 15 reps
3 rounds 15:15

I haven't been carbing for a while so I drank some gatorade I found in my moms fridge after the workout as I could feel I was glycogen depleted durring the workout.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Liam Dougherty Springer

Default 2/11/09

FS heavy single
5x95
3x135
2x155
1x175
1x185
1x195
1x200
1x205 (f)
My lower back got tweeked doing ghd sits the other day. Not paying attention to the fact that it was not a metcon is comming back to haunt me so I am taking the rest of the day off and going to the chiro tommorow I hope I will be alright by friday.

THis will be a lessonn not to ignor my intuition I knew I had misalined something in my lower back... I could shoot myself for not realizing Weighted GHD sits didn't belong in a HIIT setting.

Live and Learn.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Liam Dougherty Springer

went to the Chiro and feel better... sacrum is extreemly sore pretty sure it will be at least the weekened before I get back into full swing and even then I may need to reduce the weight... bummer
Old 02-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
Aimee Anaya Everett
Administrator

FOAM ROLL!

also, remember, not everything needs to be metcon. Try to rest 90seconds to 2 minutes between each set. Unless Greg specifically says it is a metcon (like "for time" or "3 rounds"), REST between sets!

www.aimeescupcakes.com
www.cathletics.com
Aimee Anaya Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
Liam Dougherty Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee Anaya View Post
FOAM ROLL!

also, remember, not everything needs to be metcon. Try to rest 90seconds to 2 minutes between each set. Unless Greg specifically says it is a metcon (like "for time" or "3 rounds"), REST between sets!

Thanx Aimee yeah I totally messed I saw that it wasn't a metcon when I went back later.... It was my first day on the WOD and I guess I need to slow down I have a tendency to chomp at the bit and it has led me wrong more than once...

I have been roaling the back low to upper, glutes, and hipflexers primarily, as well as the quads. I have been resting eating and doing some lumbar movement and no weight RDL type movement not comming all the way up. Only really stretching durring or after a hot shower when the muscles are warm. Any other suggestions?
Thanx for posting I am going to take this lesson to heart...

I was excited to be current as far as the WODs go but I am thinking about maybe starting back where I left off and just being behind in the cycle rather than jumping in and skipping what I missed.

What do you think?

Would it be anoying if I posted in comments as to a WOD earlier in the cycle?
I would like to so I could continue to be apart of the community and recieve feedback.

Thanx for lookin in I really like it here at CA.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
George Mounce

Hi to your log. As far as comments, just post what you are doing here, many of us read the logs.
George Mounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
Liam Dougherty Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
Hi to your log. As far as comments, just post what you are doing here, many of us read the logs.
Cool beans.