Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 02-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
Daniel Mays

2/17/2009

Fran

5:15

Had to use pullup bar near wall, so kips weren't solid and had arm fatigue on 15 and 9 set of pullups. Still, good time, hopefully I'll hit this one day at my affiliate soon and crank out sub 5!!! Rest tomorrow and one more pulling PR on Thursday then it's time for my half speed week

Happy Training
Danny
Daniel Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #12
Daniel Mays

2/19/2009

Deadlift
135x5
225x5
315x1
350x1
360x3(PR FOR ONE REP, let alone 3)
335x1

Would have done another workset, but had to spot a friend maxing on squats and lost focus, still, PR on one RM with 3, and don't want to over do things. Got all my deadlift Pr's for this month cycle!

Weighted Pullups

20x5
35x5
35x5
35x4

GH Situps
25#x8
25#x8

1000 Meter Row
3:46, always hard after deadlifts, got the blood flowing. Good day, off to enjoy my Jumbo Goodberry's anabolic Vitamin I(Icecream).
Old 02-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
Ryan Brown

Congrats on the DL PR.

I may be the only person on these boards who caught the Goodberry's reference, seeing as how they have no locations outside north and south Carolina.
Ryan Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #14
Daniel Mays

Got Greedy and knew I shouldn't have. Tried to work up to a 105 kg clean. Got to 95 and just could barely handle it. Knew that rest is what I needed. Going to rest sunday with a 3,000 m row. Did the Suffer on Saturday workout and finished 1st at the affiliate (not all the badasses were there) so the short met-cons do work for longer efforts also.

Relax for all of next week. Dial in form. Eat good. Keep it simple, don't overreach and come back and crush some weights the following week.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
Daniel Mays

2/22/2009

High Bar Squat

Really practiced form.

45#x10
135x5
185 3 sets of 5, Hammies hitting calfs every rep. Had to really work on keeping lower back flexed, back a little sore, but not hurt like it used to when I didn't have the flexibility.

Shoulder Press
Since I haven't really hit arms too much this last week, went for a PR today to officially end the week.

95x5
125x3
135x3
145#x3(PR!)- Went up pretty easily. Didn't do much over head pressing past couple weeks, but 2 days a week hitting HSPU's really helping I suppose. Going to keep these in when I'm feeling fresh during the week.

Row 3000 Meters

Took it easy, little bouts of sprinting and a 300m sprint at the end. About 13 minutes total time. Just to get the body moving.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #16
james forshaw

Looking strong, Dan. I read through your goals, and I think your back and front squats and deadlift goals will be reached comfortably within this year. 120kg CJ will be a feat, but never say never!
Thanks for the input, there seems to be much less over here than on the CF forums. Having said that, it's only been about 5 weeks. Good to read that you're going to max depth on the squats, it really makes a huge difference.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #17
Daniel Mays

Warm down day-

Tried to set a PR on the 500m Rower

Was going well, but at around 200 m in the straps were just OFF, had to stop and reset, then reaccelerate.

1:38, o well, I'll use the new rowers next time and rock out my sub 1:30.

Front Squat

Form, Chest up!!!

135x8
135x5
155x5

Muscle Clean

Worked on really bringing it into my hip girdle. Good pup, almost got it over my shoulders a couple times. Metal plates so didn't want to practice squat cleans.

Nice to get the blood flowing. Thanks James for the feedback. Well, If I can keep on hitting 3-5 kg PR's on my cleans (yea right : )) we'll see. Got a whole 10 months left to get it and I'm going after it. Less feedback over here but it seems to be a bit more helpful than on some other forums. Thanks for checking in.

Danny
Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #18
Daniel Mays

Fran At Affiliate. Was well rested and really wanted to hit a legit fran. Time from 2/17/2009 was probaby more like 6:15.

Did it today as Rx

5:07. Man I felt like I got HIT by a truck.

Tried working on snatches after, as that was the official WOD.

Worked up to 105. Got a more solid landing position, couldn't lockout very well to do a full squat due to fried shoulders. Good day. Spring Break starts today, one week of snowboarding commencing Monday!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #19
Daniel Mays

Worked out in my room at apartment. Just to get the lungs going.

Max rounds 7 minutes
3 HSPU's
3 55# kb snatch each arm
5 burpees
3 rounds

After 3 rounds HSPU's were just not happening, all exercises hit shoulders. so switched it to

3 55# kb snatch each arm
5 burpees with 15" vert jump

4 rounds of this.

Snatches are extremely taxing with the bigger boy bell.

Train hard,

Danny
Old 03-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #20
Ryan Brown

That is a heavy KB snatch.

We just got hit with a TON of snow today. Should be good for your spring break.
Ryan Brown is offline   Reply With Quote